Divisions….

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all,

Me and a few others were talking today about creating a 3rd division for club comps.

Our club has a good turnout of low single figure playing members (0-5)

It would seem there are some quite high scores coming in recently from the current div 1 (0-12)

Anyone got any experience of this from other clubs or have a view? The consensus is that we should be playing against people of our own ability eg a 12 handicap is a distance away from a 4 hcp

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I think we're 0-10, 11-20, 21 plus as a general rule at our place.

However there must be some flex in that as I've never been lower than 10.1 but I've been in div 1 a few times. It might be something to do with evening the divisions out based on entry numbers perhaps.

Edited to add: we don't have loads of low guys at our place hence why the upper limit of div1 might get flexed at times.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have 1,2 or 3 divisions based upon how many played.

We also vary the division breaks depending the handicaps of those that played

Very loosely we have up to 10, 11-16, 17 and above for club (100 plus players on a Saturday)
1-16, 17 -20, 21 and above Seniors (100 plus players is common)
Ladies also have divisions but rarely have enough competitors to implement them.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
As above, we have 3 divisions too. I’m in division 1 and if we didn’t have them I probably would never have a chance of winning anything. If there’s a enough people in the comp it’s a must I think.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
All our monthly stableford and medal comps are divisional - two divisions with as close to a 50/50 split as we can make it. It’s generally up to 10/11 in division one, and anything higher than that it two.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Most of our Saturday stableford comps have 4 divisions, yesterday was 0 - 10, 11 - 16, 17 - 20 & 21+. For board comps there is just the one overall winner, but the prize pot is split between the four divisions.