Red Tees are Longest Course

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played today at Highcliffe Castle in Dorset.

All the white tees were shared with the red tees (dual colouring on the tee markers), with one exception where the red tee was behind the white tee, Thus the red tees were the longest course. Thinking back I have never seen this before - is it unique?

BTW - as the course has been assessed to USGA standards for slope rating, only the red tees have been assessed for women and the yellow and white for men. So no mens competition can be played off the longest tees come the glorious revolution of WHS.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Competition tees at The Royal Burgess in Edinburgh are played from the Red Tees and they dont have lady members.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

All the white tees were shared with the red tees (dual colouring on the tee markers), with one exception where the red tee was behind the white tee, Thus the red tees were the longest course. Thinking back I have never seen this before - is it unique?

BTW - as the course has been assessed to USGA standards for slope rating, only the red tees have been assessed for women and the yellow and white for men. So no mens competition can be played off the longest tees come the glorious revolution of WHS.

Were you issued with tin hats before you started? :ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Highcliffe is a pretty short course to begin with. My understanding is that it was purpose built for seniors to play there is only one par 4 over 400Yrds

It is noticeable that the yellows are all nearly all shorter than the reds.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

On this one hole is the red within 25 yards of the white?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
My club changed our tees earlier this year purely for PC reasons

Red are green
Yellow are orange
White are burgundy

Silver have not changed

Why? The CONGU recommendation is black, white, yellow, red, green/blue in descending order of course length.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played recently at Reading GC, there were a couple of holes where the ladies Red tee was behind the Yellow tee, but the par was the same. Remember something similar at Temple GC but the line to the green was better think.

At West Berkshire, the 18th (I think) has the Red tee way behind the Yellow but it's a par 5 for ladies and on a 4 off the Yellow.