Recommend me a carry bag....

Kennysarmy

Visit site
It won't be long until the trolley ban is upon us!!!
My mizuno bag of 15 years sadly died at the start of this year!

I'm looking for something that can hold between 7 and 12 clubs, I hardly ever carry the full set over winter as it puts too much strain on a dodgy back.

Waterproof not essential as it'll have time to dry between rounds.

Strap must be comfortable and legs sturdy.

Cheers

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
It won't be long until the trolley ban is upon us!!!
My mizuno bag of 15 years sadly died at the start of this year!

I'm looking for something that can hold between 7 and 12 clubs, I hardly ever carry the full set over winter as it puts too much strain on a dodgy back.

Waterproof not essential as it'll have time to dry between rounds.

Strap must be comfortable and legs sturdy.

Cheers
I bought this Cruiser carry stand bag from Amazon now around £40, does the job. It comes with a rain hood and double shoulder strap, but i changed to a single strap i had from an old Powercaddy bag. I put some Vaseline on the zips as they were a bit sticky.

Attachments

• 20190220_192309.jpg
    20190220_192309.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

AdamC28

Visit site
Another option I would recommend the Taylormade Flextech Lite.
Very well designed bag, similar to the Ping Hoofer in a lot that f ways I suppose.

badgermat

Club Champion
Visit site
Depends whether you're looking for bomb-proof or light.

Bomb-proof – Ping Hoofer
Light – Sun Mountain Two5

I have a Sun Mountain Two5 which, despite its incredibly flimsy feel, is lasting really well. It's three years old and apart from a bit of fading from the sun (which is particularly ferocious here in the summer) it's pretty much as new. It's ridiculously light, comfortable to carry and the legs work really well.

The Sun Mountain replaced an ancient Ping Hoofer that just refused to die. The only reason for the change was that it had become so faded and dirty my wife refused to even touch it, and it was slightly embarrassing to take on the course.

bm

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you’re a winter player then surely you’d require a waterproof variation?

Since 2011 I have either used the sun mountain H2no or stay dry (rebranded H2no for titleist) and up until recently have had three.

All babe been great and have only been changed every 3-4 years as deals have come up, my used ones have always sold for £50 ish quid after a few years use. up until last years sta dry the bag quality has been awesome, but after 9 months of once a week golf my stadry divider foam split. Based on the new layout of pockets and the smaller top divider I have replaced with the aqua flex hybrid stand bag from motocaddy.

Nice sized divider, hinged bottom so the stand function is very smooth, great pocket lay out and the lock system on the bottom means it fits great onto most trolleys for the summer.

The only downside is I find the colour options a little boring as it only comes in light grey with 3 different zip colour options. But the features are fantastic

Attachments

• 4D7B297E-AF35-4111-9826-2BD71F4A2712.jpeg
    4D7B297E-AF35-4111-9826-2BD71F4A2712.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 6

sunshine

Visit site
I give my carry bags a good dose of tent fly-sheet spray..... water runs straight off....

another vote for Ping Hoofs too!

In my experience it's the zips where the water gets in (I've never had a waterproof carry bag but my next one will be).

sunshine

Visit site
I bought this Cruiser carry stand bag from Amazon now around £40, does the job. It comes with a rain hood and double shoulder strap, but i changed to a single strap i had from an old Powercaddy bag. I put some Vaseline on the zips as they were a bit sticky.

Can I ask a question? Why would you swap an ergonomically designed double strap that distributes the weight evenly to allow you to walk in a balanced manner with level shoulders, a straight spine and frees up both your arms, for a single strap?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
If you’re a winter player then surely you’d require a waterproof variation?

Since 2011 I have either used the sun mountain H2no or stay dry (rebranded H2no for titleist) and up until recently have had three.

All babe been great and have only been changed every 3-4 years as deals have come up, my used ones have always sold for £50 ish quid after a few years use. up until last years sta dry the bag quality has been awesome, but after 9 months of once a week golf my stadry divider foam split. Based on the new layout of pockets and the smaller top divider I have replaced with the aqua flex hybrid stand bag from motocaddy.

Nice sized divider, hinged bottom so the stand function is very smooth, great pocket lay out and the lock system on the bottom means it fits great onto most trolleys for the summer.

The only downside is I find the colour options a little boring as it only comes in light grey with 3 different zip colour options. But the features are fantastic

A second for the Aquaflex, great bag, would argue the best carry bag I've had, and doubles up very well as a cart bag. I actually did a review for the GM "Tested by You" section - sadly unpublished, I think because the mag did their own review in the very next edition after my submission :( Very easy to carry, made it's way round the Old Course with no issues :D

Aquaflex.jpg

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can I ask a question? Why would you swap an ergonomically designed double strap that distributes the weight evenly to allow you to walk in a balanced manner with level shoulders, a straight spine and frees up both your arms, for a single strap?
I had problems putting the double strap on and of my shoulders, i only carry 6 or 7 clubs , for 9 holes max, so no great weight involved. I sometimes carry on my left shoulder sometimes my right, sometimes clubs are facing forward sometimes facing back, and still have both arms free.

dronfield

Visit site
I only carry and for last few years have used a Jones Original bag - best bag i have ever owned. Easily holds 14 clubs, waterproofs etc, comfy single strap and only weighs 3lbs.

No stand, but i have always found them a pain and would rather lay bag on its side.

Rich

Hitdaball

Visit site
Titleist sta dry 4up get my vote, and the vote of an awful lot at my track including the pros.

Light, plenty of room.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Titleist sta dry 4up get my vote, and the vote of an awful lot at my track including the pros.

Light, plenty of room.

I had the 2018 version, with 3months off injured and being a once a week golfer, it should have lasted more than 9 months. Titleist aftercare is the best out there, it took a lot for me to move from the h2no/stadry but I doubt I’ll go back