Waterproof Stand/Carry Bag: Suggestions & Advice please

mackem

Visit site
Ping Hoofer C-1 is finally expiring after +5 years of great service and I am looking for a waterproof carry bag to replace it. I want a relatively light one but think I need a 5 or more way divider (like the Hoofer) as I found that worked well for me especially with my very old Craz-e putter with a fat grip, and with the more full length dividers the better. 4 way may be OK. Other requirements include an easily accessible bottle pocket (think that rules out the Sun H2NO?), cart friendly for the occasions I use my trolley or when using a buggy on trips and of course comfy and easy to adjust straps. I really like my hoofer for this!

I have narrowed my choices down to the following and would appreciate any comments you may have especially experiences when considering or using these bags. From what I can find out from online reviews etc the Cobra seems to tick all the boxes, but would the strange 8 way layout snag clubs easily, and it's fairly cheap - around £100, is there a reason for this? Callaways both look good but confused between 2015 and 2016 models. Ogio looks interesting but I had one years ago and the strap fell apart quite quickly, also seen one reviewer say pockets rather small! Big Max interesting but not sure how many full length dividers it has. Wilson seems to cover all bases plus I think looks good in black (think white gets dirty too easily).

Many Thanks.

Callaway Aqua Dry
Callaway Aqua Dry Lite
Cobra Fly-Z Dry Tech
Ogio Aquatech
Big Max Aqua 7
Wilson Staff Dry Tech

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used the Mizuno waterproof bag for three years before moving to a trolley bag just recently.

Lightweight, plenty of storage and a net pouch for your water bottle

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Don't Titleist do one that covers most of those requirements although I can't see many decent ones coming in for £100 and to be honest I'm a believer in getting what you pay for and sometimes (sales and special offers not withstanding) it's worth paying that little bit more to get one that ticks all the boxes

mackem

Visit site
Don't Titleist do one that covers most of those requirements although I can't see many decent ones coming in for £100 and to be honest I'm a believer in getting what you pay for and sometimes (sales and special offers not withstanding) it's worth paying that little bit more to get one that ticks all the boxes

Agree re the budget, expect to pay around £150. So was surprised why the Cobra seems so "cheap" at about £100. And yes Titleist do a StayDri bag but I couldn't see a drink holder that you can easily access when walking. Maybe a petty thing but something I appreciated with my Hoofer

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The H2NO is a quality bag if you're looking for waterproof. No drinks holder as such but the side and centre pockets can easily be commandeered for such activity

mackem

Visit site
Hi - agree the W3 looks like a good bag but think it came out in about 2011/12 and cannot see any online. Thanks anyway

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got the H2NO and it's a pretty good bag. The only downside is no drinks pocket, as you say, but I just use the side pocket for my drinks and snacks instead.

Liqdaddymac

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi - have you used one of these bags? It seems to meet all my needs, the only concerns I have is how comfortable the straps are and I have seen some users complain about quality issues? Thanks

I have the stand and the cart bag!
very light and very padded straps.
no quality issues so far (had stand bag for 15 months and still like new).

I must say that I had a stadry before that lasted almost 2 years and was very pleased with it but, for me, the Ogio is more comfortable, has more storage and the compartment padded looks like new still whereas staydry ripped.

I will sort some pics later of particular areas if you want?

Last edited:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mackem...Going by personal experience,don't touch Stewart golf bags with a bargepole!Valuables pocket has had to be glued in place twice and if you pull the zips up at more than 1mph then it just comes apart!!
Apart from that,their after sales service leave a lot to be desired!

Jimbo

mackem

Visit site
Mackem...Going by personal experience,don't touch Stewart golf bags with a bargepole!Valuables pocket has had to be glued in place twice and if you pull the zips up at more than 1mph then it just comes apart!!
Apart from that,their after sales service leave a lot to be desired!

Jimbo

Thanks for the feedback

mackem

Visit site
I have the stand and the cart bag!
very light and very padded straps.
no quality issues so far (had stand bag for 15 months and still like new).

I must say that I had a stadry before that lasted almost 2 years and was very pleased with it but, for me, the Ogio is more comfortable, has more storage and the compartment padded looks like new still whereas staydry ripped.

I will sort some pics later of particular areas if you want?

Thanks for the detailed feedback, very helpful. The Gotham looks very good, especially as it looks like it has a gap for a cart strap to pass through. I do use a cart sometimes so that would certainly make this a cart friendly bag (which my Hoofer wasn't very good at) & if I can get rid of my cart bag I can justify the cost partially to my boss by eliminating one bag :). However at about £200 it is still stretching my budget. Do you know if other waterproof carry bags fit well on a cart? It may sound like a big ask but I thought I would try. Thank You

mackem

Visit site
Well, I have finally made a decision and bought a Titleist StaDry Bag. I was struggling to find models in local shops and those I could find didn't impress, eg the 2015 Callaway AquaDry straps seemed rather thin and could do with more padding. Thanks for all the help and feedback. Now I need to focus on improving my game!!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, I have finally made a decision and bought a Titleist StaDry Bag. I was struggling to find models in local shops and those I could find didn't impress, eg the 2015 Callaway AquaDry straps seemed rather thin and could do with more padding. Thanks for all the help and feedback. Now I need to focus on improving my game!!

HID has that bag and is really pleased with it.