Recommend a waterproof jacket?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Regatta jackets seem to be on sale everywhere these days. I actually have one already that I got from TK Maxx a while ago for only 30 quid. I was having a look at some other ones recently, but honestly I couldn't find anything that beats the one I have for the price. It has a hood as well which is handy when you're carrying in winter - can't be bothered faffing with an umbrella when I don't have the trolley to attach it to.

Regatta and others like this are made for stupid clowns who go out walking in stupid weather for 6 hours or more. That's why I'm hunting for the right jacket in Millets and Mountain Warehouse. Nuts to paying golf shop prices.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Regatta and others like this are made for stupid clowns who go out walking in stupid weather for 6 hours or more. That's why I'm hunting for the right jacket in Millets and Mountain Warehouse. Nuts to paying golf shop prices.
In fairness, since I made that post I tried the Regatta jacket for golf and it had very little stretch if any at all, so it wasn't much good for swinging a club - too tight on the upper arms. I now have the Castore jacket that came up in another recent thread about jackets. It's not specifically for golf but it's more of a sports one so it's flexible.

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Went to see Simple Minds & Deacon Blue at Blenheim Palace on Saturday. It absolutely lashed down with rain for hours. My new Stuburt Evolution rain jacket kept me 100% dry underneath, which is quite something considering the conditions. A big recommendation here!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Bump.

Anyone have anything to say about this jacket and if it’ll do the trick?

Yes yes, I know. Galvin Green for £200+ is the way to go for top quality etc, but I don’t have that budget. :)

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/clothing-shoes/waterproofs/stromberg-men's-oceantee-waterproof-jacket-389379.html?dwvar_389379_variantimage=navy/grey
If on a budget, I'd suggest you consider Ebay for either GG (as I have) or the FJ Hydrolknit that seems to have a very good reputation. A bit more stringent selection criteria is required, but the couple I've bought - one as a replacement for my 20+yo first WP suit and another to keep in an 'away' bag at a mate's - have both been fine.
There's actually a gradual, but increasing movement away from GoreTex/NikWax as the chemicals involved are decidedly bad for the environment.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Under armour outlet at Mcarthur Glen looked very nice.

Attachments

• 05701E11-1E50-498A-8691-50CDF27CF981.jpeg
    05701E11-1E50-498A-8691-50CDF27CF981.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 7
  • A961DCD7-54DB-4DB7-9F76-8FE679533847.jpeg
    A961DCD7-54DB-4DB7-9F76-8FE679533847.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 7

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
£55. Absolute bargain. Is that the Nottingham one? I love McArthur Glen sites. The one at York is brilliant.
Much prefer the York one but yes at Sutton in Ashfield. They had a good selection of sizes. Was impressed with the amount of good priced stuff in UA. Nike was rammel. I bought some running short ( for beach and hols). Just ordered another 2 pairs off there site. Cheap as chips with a 15% code as well ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Much prefer the York one but yes at Sutton in Ashfield. They had a good selection of sizes. Was impressed with the amount of good priced stuff in UA. Nike was rammel. I bought some running short ( for beach and hols). Just ordered another 2 pairs off there site. Cheap as chips with a 15% code as well ?
I got myself of UA trainers for £25 last time I was in the York one, Steph Curry ones. Ridiculously comfy, a joy to wear. You have to love an outlet bargain, so satisfying.