Dry as was possible

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
At my course when it rains it's usually accompanied with gale force winds but GG waterproofs and brolly keeps me bone dry.

How do you find the footjoy rain gloves? My PP uses them and says they work by getting wet to give extra grip. But with wet hands do they not get very cold very quickly?
Yes, they do get colder wearing the rain gloves but to be honest I don't really notice it. And the benefits of grip for me outweigh that small disadvantage. Even without the rain gloves your hands will get wet and cold anyway.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, they do get colder wearing the rain gloves but to be honest I don't really notice it. And the benefits of grip for me outweigh that small disadvantage. Even without the rain gloves your hands will get wet and cold anyway.
This is true, it's better than wearing a regular glove. One of my mates swore he used to put a pair of marigold washing up gloves on in the rain, kept his hands dry and give him perfect grip apparently. I'm not sure I'd be willing to give that a go though. :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is true, it's better than wearing a regular glove. One of my mates swore he used to put a pair of marigold washing up gloves on in the rain, kept his hands dry and give him perfect grip apparently. I'm not sure I'd be willing to give that a go though. :LOL:
My father in law did this once because he was too tight to buy rain gloves. They ripped apart before he reached the 18th and never tried again. I don't know if they helped with grip but really.............

I used some Mizuno rain gloves in the deluge on Saturday. They worked perfectly, never once did I even think about the club slipping out of my hands. Brilliant item to have in your bag for when required.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One thing you can't buy is the right mentality.

Once you prepare, dress correctly just get one with it and accept it. You're then "up" on 60-70% of the field already.

I havent found a bucket hat that compliments my overswing yet.;)

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeh must be twenty years since I tried them, might give it a go again if you think they're better now.

Most opticians will do a free trial. I had one after playing in biblical rain and not being able to see out of my glasses. Think it was over 30 years since I last tried them so the difference in them was huge. I buy online as and when I need them.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes a good pair of rain gloves with hand-warmers in large mitts will deal with most situations you may have to play in. In matches the person with the best setup will often win & especially if the opposition hasn't even got rain gloves.

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
I played at davenport on Tuesday afternoon. The deluge started on the 14th tee. I had decent wet gear on and came off bone dry. It was still a very unpleasant experience.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Triggered a memory, at the first club I joined a guy became known as the 'marigold champion'. Two day club champs in disgusting weather, he had the last laugh I suppose!

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
I don't mind playing in the rain either. I invested in a couple of Galvin jackets, a pair of Galvin trousers and FJ rain gloves and they have kept me bone dry in some horrendous conditions. I only use my brolly if it's raining but no / very little wind. Had the wind blow my trolley over a couple of times and won't risk it again.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I would agree with the op.....until yesterday..played Royal Dornoch and got soaked. Galvin jacket, trousers rain hat, rain gloves and brolly.fine rain and wind and the temp drop made it horrible to play in, hands freezing couldn't see a thing as the rain was blowing under the hat and on my glasses. Water soaked up my sleeves and down my neck despite the GG fishing hat. Made me think twice about playing today as it looked like more of the same at nairn:confused:

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I would agree with the op.....until yesterday..played Royal Dornoch and got soaked. Galvin jacket, trousers rain hat, rain gloves and brolly.fine rain and wind and the temp drop made it horrible to play in, hands freezing couldn't see a thing as the rain was blowing under the hat and on my glasses. Water soaked up my sleeves and down my neck despite the GG fishing hat. Made me think twice about playing today as it looked like more of the same at nairn:confused:

Nothing quite like the feeling of putting waterproofs on that are still wet from the day before!

Not had to do it on golf courses but working on festival sites over the summers it could be a scarily frequent occurrence!