Recommend me a waterproof jacket please

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Off to Scotland for my annual weekly trip in a couple of weeks and during my last round I discovered a big tear under the arm of my Sunderland waterproof coat and it was also starting to leak elsewhere so I am on the look out for a new waterproof jacket.

Galvin Greens look a little on the pricey side, but might stretch to one if the recommendations come flying in. Any cheaper, alternatives most appreciated!

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Galvin all the way for me. If not then Proquip or Footjoy. Mizuno Impermalite has a good following here as well. Can get some Galvin reduced if you have time to look at old models. The new Winter 2013 collection has just come out so there may be some discount on Galvins summer range

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The UA stuff is very good, you should be able to pick up a jacket for around a ton. If you want something cheaper than that the proquip aquastorms go for around 65.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I splashed out on a Gavin and its top notch!

Have a look at pro quip tour flex at clubhouse golf half price so you can get a pretty decent suit for less than the cost of a galvin.

Just depends on your budget really.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I splashed out on a Gavin and its top notch!

Have a look at pro quip tour flex at clubhouse golf half price so you can get a pretty decent suit for less than the cost of a galvin.

Just depends on your budget really.

Are you sure that's not a fake from China :ears:

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have a search for the Stuburt suits.
Sold as separates (for those of us who need different sizes for tops and bottoms:p) and best value I could find towards the end of last winter. Shortly after that, I read on here that someone had been told they were best quality non goretex around at the time and a steal at the price.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I have a Galvin Green jacket and it is superb. They are slghtly fitted though, so I had to get a large. Cheapest place I found mine was cgdiscountgolf.co.uk

Others I've had are ProQuip TourFlex and Nike StormFit, both of which were very good.

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got an Under Armour and a Nike storm fit. The UA is quite tight and gets a bit sweaty because its like a rubbery material but its warmer in winter. Generally I prefer the Nike though.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have a search for the Stuburt suits.
Sold as separates (for those of us who need different sizes for tops and bottoms:p) and best value I could find towards the end of last winter. Shortly after that, I read on here that someone had been told they were best quality non goretex around at the time and a steal at the price.
As above if youre not worried about designer labels i bought 1 of the Stuburt Helium sport full zip jackets a month ago. Have worn it a couple of times in downpours and kept lovely and dry plus it doesnt make lots of noise on your swing is quite lightweight and best of all use the discount code for a further 15% off. works out about £38 delivered :thup:
http://www.golf247.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=stuburt+helium

Last edited: