Waterproof

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
Having played in heavy rain yesterday my golf bag was soaking as was everything in it including stuff in the pockets, is there such a thing as a waterproof bag ? If so what would someone recommend.

Also discovered my alleged Oscar Jacobsom waterproof jacket is far from waterproof, so need t invest in a lightweight waterproof, I can't run to a new Galvin Green and not sure if I would trust buying off e bay, so any other recommendations

KitaScot

Medal Winner
Visit site
When I take out rain gear, other stuff gets put in plastic bags...can't worry about a wet bag or clubs, but gloves and stuff gets "sacked."

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sun mountain H2No2 is the only bag I've used which has proved to be 100% waterproof. Obviously I haven't used every make and model but I am confident in recommending that one.

Waterproofs are more individual. I have a Pro quip that works and a Galvin Green who's fit lends to result in damp around the cuffs. You need to find one that works for you - but generally they aren't cheap if they work (including breathability)

KitaScot

Medal Winner
Visit site
For my trip to Scotland next week, I'm bringing 3 levels of waterproof gear each with different ratio of water repellency (100% slickJ) to breathability (ripstop nylon)...making sure the pants overlapped shoes. One jacket is a motorcycle rain-jacket! I'm sure it will be interesting to play in the rain there!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If your OJ waterproof is not, take it back to wherever you bought it!

I don't think you can really get a totally waterproof bag.

Use quality freezer bags for bits and pieces and buy a pair of rain gloves.

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Proquip Aquastorm Jacket and Trousers. Trousers are great as they are lined and have belt loops so can be worn as golf trousers without any under trousers. A bonus is the bags they came in are great for wrapping your must keep dry bits in. Win win. :thup:

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had my eye on the titleist ones for a while now. This weekend has pushed me little more. Thinking of carry bag for the winter and then a trolley bag in the spring. Anyone else been using these? The only thing I don't like about the carry bag is the 3 way divider.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
My titleist stadry is one of the best things I have ever bought. We get our fair share of rain here and it never let me down. Awesome job.
As for the waterproofs GG is hard to beat for me, cracking gear, but I also have a Nike jacket that I got from there outlet shop for 45 quid that's class, wear it out and about now as have GG for the golf course.