Waterproof Jacket with hood

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Evening all. I’m after a new Golf waterproof jacket…with a hood. Does such a thing exist? Can’t find one. Yes, there are generic waterproof jackets out there with hoods but would prefer a gold designed one so it’s easier to move in.

Anyone know of one?
cheers

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Evening all. I’m after a new Golf waterproof jacket…with a hood. Does such a thing exist? Can’t find one. Yes, there are generic waterproof jackets out there with hoods but would prefer a gold designed one so it’s easier to move in.

Anyone know of one?
cheers

I bought a outdoors one whilst in Australia, high neck, peak on the hood. Plenty of movement in it. Kathmandu I believe.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just go to an outdoor clothing shop such as Blacks.

I use a Sprayway which came with a removable fleece liner with the liner removed it gives very good freedom of movement.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been searching for years and the answer is no, I don't think you'll find a good golf one with a hood. Plenty of crappy 'water resistant' ones than last about two minutes in a shower.

I've tried on plenty from 'outdoor' shops but they don't seem like they have that much room to move to me, or at least I've not found the right one. Plus they're still pretty expensive. You might be better looking at gear aimed at runners since they will be lightweight if nothing else and should allow plenty of movement too.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been searching for years and the answer is no, I don't think you'll find a good golf one with a hood. Plenty of crappy 'water resistant' ones than last about two minutes in a shower.

I've tried on plenty from 'outdoor' shops but they don't seem like they have that much room to move to me, or at least I've not found the right one. Plus they're still pretty expensive. You might be better looking at gear aimed at runners since they will be lightweight if nothing else and should allow plenty of movement too.
Runners are like sticks though. Not exactly your average golfers build :LOL:

G1z1

Visit site
I use a non golf waterproof jacket from the company rains and it’s been brilliant, waterproof, light and thin.

Buckles01

Visit site
Depends on what you mean by roomy? I’d say they are pretty true to size as a brand, I’m medium for Under Armour and have ordered quite a bit of Castore gear in the same size. All their materials seem to have a lot of stretch without being tight. I wear mine with a base layer/polo and a midlayer no problem. Love their golf range also worth a look. ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by roomy? I’d say they are pretty true to size as a brand, I’m medium for Under Armour and have ordered quite a bit of Castore gear in the same size. All their materials seem to have a lot of stretch without being tight. I wear mine with a base layer/polo and a midlayer no problem. Love their golf range also worth a look. ??
Cheers - I often have a problem where medium is a bit snug (especially if I want room to swing) but large is too baggy. Always a guessing game when I order stuff.
I sense an update on the “I bought today” thread later on ?
I am tempted, as I mentioned I've wanted a hooded golf jacket for some time but they're hard to come by. Although really it's more of a winter purchase since in summer I'd have my trolley with umbrella holder so not sure whether to pull the trigger here..

Buckles01

Visit site
Cheers - I often have a problem where medium is a bit snug (especially if I want room to swing) but large is too baggy. Always a guessing game when I order stuff.

I am tempted, as I mentioned I've wanted a hooded golf jacket for some time but they're hard to come by. Although really it's more of a winter purchase since in summer I'd have my trolley with umbrella holder so not sure whether to pull the trigger here..
Lol coming from Oop North this was specifically a summer purchase for me, it’s currently hung up drying as we speak ??‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok, my Castore jacket just arrived. The material is so thin I've never owned anything like it, it's so soft and stretchy it feels more like wearing a long sleeve hooded t-shirt than a jacket! Would take up basically no room at all in the bag when folded either. Good pocket space. Should be perfect, the only thing that remains to be seen is whether it's properly waterproof or not. (It does say waterproof rather than 'resistant' on the website.)

Springveldt

Visit site
Ok, my Castore jacket just arrived. The material is so thin I've never owned anything like it, it's so soft and stretchy it feels more like wearing a long sleeve hooded t-shirt than a jacket! Would take up basically no room at all in the bag when folded either. Good pocket space. Should be perfect, the only thing that remains to be seen is whether it's properly waterproof or not. (It does say waterproof rather than 'resistant' on the website.)
Only one way to find out, get in the shower with it on...