Waterproof

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One of my regular playing partners has the Titleist staydry bag and he swears by it. I'll be getting one once my current TM bag needs replacing.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got a Sun Mountain H2NO cart bag, it's very good in the wet but my gripe is that the rain hood can only be fitted on one way & its the wrong way, so you struggle to get clubs in & out because of the trolley handle . Mines a couple of years old so hopefully they have changed the set-up.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My H2no is OK, but some water still gets in, and then it takes ages to dry out. It's best used combined with a bag cover. That said, if it's raining that hard, I'm probably not playing.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
To be fully waterproof then you need something that is GoreTex, it's the only material that is breathable and waterproof.
If you can't stretch for Galvin or Sunice, put a search in EBay under GoreTex and it will pull up a range of gear including ex forces. Failing that check out second hand gear on EBay

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i would avoid the paclite galvin green tops, have a new one and i find they are not very breathable. Wore mine on Friday and although the rain did not get through i was still soaking with sweat underneath as it seems not as breathable as they claim.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone got the Sunice Torrance Hurricane waterproofs? If so, any good? Some good prices for that line at the moment. My Mizuno jacket and trousers are shower proof at best!

D

Deleted member 1147

When it is hammering down, and i use my trolley, I use one of those bag covers (it keeps everything perfectly dry. But is a pain if you want to be getting things out of pockets whilst it's still on.
When it stops raining you can just fold it back up and it fits into an in built bag.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I bought a secondhand Ogio Aquatec Gotham bag a few weeks ago and used it last saturday in very very wet conditions and everything stayed dry. Very impressed with it. I also bought a Calvin Klein waterproof jacket from County golf that was on special and couldnt believe how well that kept me dry as i forgot my usual goretex jacket.

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have used a Big Max Aqua Silencio for 18 months and it keeps everything dry. The hood is easy to attach and the clubs are readily accessible. My Galvin Green jacket and trousers have proved to be excellent value for money, as they keep me dry when other golfers are very wet inside their waterproofs.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i must sweat allot then as my top underneath was soaking

I have a paclite jacket and I do not find it hot.

However recently made GG stuff seems to be of lesser quality. I know of a few people at my club who have returned virtually new or brand new GG items as they were not waterproof.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think you can really get a totally waterproof bag.

Obviously not as it has a big hole in the top for golf clubs. The Sta Dry and HN20 bags are 100% waterproof, my Titleist Sta Dry has never leaked through any of the waterproof pockets.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Obviously not as it has a big hole in the top for golf clubs. The Sta Dry and HN20 bags are 100% waterproof, my Titleist Sta Dry has never leaked through any of the waterproof pockets.

That's the point! The most important thing to me is dry grips and if these waterproof bags don't do that what's the point?

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That's the point! The most important thing to me is dry grips and if these waterproof bags don't do that what's the point?

When it is raining, my grips stay dry in the bag. It is only when I take one out to hit a ball that they become wet.

ciel-bleu

Visit site
I've got a titleist STADRY carry bag and it does what it says! Unfortunately, although it was great in it's day, my 10 year old Sunderland jacket has had it.

kerber0s1983

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've got a set of Nike Hyperadapt waterproofs, both top and trousers and they are great.

I found the Galvin's i had were great for being waterproof but just made me far too hot!

Plus get a pair of MacWet gloves, they are great, and doesn't seem to matter if the grips are a little damp, still loads of grip

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm quite lucky as I live in the West of Scotland and it very rarely rains here, however on those occasions when I play golf elsewhere I find that my Cross stuff is not to bad.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great alternates to Galvin Green are the adidas GoreTex range and Nike Hyperadapt Storm.

Any GoreTex should work, the ones with added Lycra help a lot and that's where the Nike comes into the running, same waterproof rating as GoreTex and very stretchy