Reciprocal agreements

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nairn only has the one in the UK, Gullane, but for some reason we have a dozen overseas!!!

The kings i think have a few at other highland courses, but the best was when i was a member at Tain, they had;
Dornoch, Brora, Golspie, Bonar Bridge, Portmahomack, Invergordon, Alness, Strathpeffer, Muir of Ord, Fortrose, Torvean

Last edited:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We have reciprocal with a number of clubs, I often go a couple of times a year for a change and to use a benefit of membership.

Having a county card also works for the other clubs I don't get reciprocal rates.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
My club is 125yrs old next year...I've a feeling there may be a 125yr old association offering some form of reciprocals - if there isn't there should be...:)
Unluckily it has been the clubs 125 Anniverary this year, alot of events both golfing and social planned but nothing has been able to go ahead.
The 1895 club gives us reciprocal golf at around 50 clubs around the world, only managed three so far..

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's pretty pointless at the moment, as all of out reciprocal courses are out with our Local Authority area so we can't travel to them.

As well as further afield deals (many mentioned above but we also have Blairgowrie - love it) we have half price access to a lot of courses in East Lothian.
Great deals and great courses. ?

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
My club has reciprocal golf at 7 other clubs, I haven't yet used it but that was quite a big factor in me joining as it gives me the freedom to play those, mostly free of charge.

D

Deleted member 23344

My club used to have six reciprocals, but one course closed a couple of years ago and another that I used to use has decided to end the arrangement. So, as I understand it, we only have four now ... and three of these are not close.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Some nice courses on our list. Usually take advantage in normal circumstances, especially during Royal Ascot week

• Royal Winchester Golf Club
  • Royal Eastbourne Golf ClubBasingstoke Golf Club
  • Caversham Heath, Reading, Berkshire
  • Farnham Golf Club,
  • North Oxford Golf Club
  • Sandford Springs
  • Studley Wood Golf Club, Horton-cum-Studley, Near Oxford - £10 per player payble to Studley Wood
  • Tracy Park
  • Tyrrells Wood Golf Club, Leatherhead (Summer months only)
  • Waterlooville
  • West Berkshire Golf Club, Newbury, Berkshire
  • Weybrook Park Golf Club, Basingstoke

Zig

Visit site
We don't have any. We had one with Cleveland GC which is a pure links course and is always open. During every wet spell all the members of my club would book times there and literally take over the course. The agreement only lasted a year.

On a similar vein. A few years ago Seaton Carew offered a 4 month winter membership for £200. Members from every parkland course in the area flooded in to the point that actual full time members of the club were struggling to get a game. That only lasted one year.

We've got a few reciprocals; decent venues (including a few other MacKenzie layouts). We did have an interesting partnership with Rockcliffe recently but that's came to an end - probably for the reason quoted above. Used to be a member at Hartlepool and used their 1906 links a few times - Fulford was exceptional value and a great day out!

AliMc

Visit site
Some of the arrangements you guys have listed sound great - a real perk of membership.

We have reciprocals at 3 clubs in Australia and New Zealand. About as useful as a chocolate teapot.
That's how I have looked at it (a perk of membership) I think my mate and I played at The Roxburghe 4 times this year at £20 a round, distance wise we would be eligible for Country Membership (at £540 i think), so the equivalent of 27 games at our rate

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of the arrangements you guys have listed sound great - a real perk of membership.

We have reciprocals at 3 clubs in Australia and New Zealand. About as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Last club I was at was a Jewish club and we could play any Jewish club in the world.
Some really stunning courses as well.
Now we have about 12 we can play locally and members rate at Braid courses.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Last club used to have 30ish reciprocals as part of the smart golfer network.

Was great for the occasional away day and also used to meet Paddyc at some of them for a game as he was also a member at one of the clubs on the scheme

Probably got between 5 and 10 free green fees at different clubs each year, so worked well for us, that said the majority never used it

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
James Braid Association
Ellesborough Golf Club is a member of The Association of James Braid Courses.

Formed in 2009 by one of Henley Golf Club’s Past Captains and Past President, the Association now has over 300 member clubs of the some 411 courses James Braid either designed originally or altered (of the 411, 39 are defunct and 6 were plans only).

The courses are to be found in Ireland, Wales, England and Scotland with one in New York. Ellesborough Golf Club members and members of all the clubs in the Association can enjoy preferential green fees at these courses, by booking in advance. A full list of courses and rates is posted below.

Association JB Courses 2019

The list is updated each year with new member clubs and amended rates.

There are some conditions attached to this offer, which are listed below.

1. Tee reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
2. You must state when booking that Ellesborough are part of the Association of James Braid Courses
3. A handicap certificate will need to be shown when arriving at the host club
4. Bookings will only be accepted based on the host clubs tee availability
5. The green fee charged will be the host clubs members guest rate
6. Green fees are valid for both Ladies and Gentlemen
7. The rates are for members only and not a group or society booking

This is amazing, have you ever got up to Brora?