Reading Greens

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Imagine that must make it a ways more difficult for sure. As the only glasses I wear, sunglasses ...... so far anyways!! can't offer advice from any ophthalmic knowledge of prescription wear.

Think too, maybe the nearer you are to viewing an object the more you'll get some distortion, so perhaps even more important for you to start reading the 'land' & green on your approach to it.
Have only noticed glasses wearers who are decent putters tend to shield their 'read view' using both hands as a norm though, whatever the sunlight conditions, maybe to do with reflections & shutting off any peripheral view distraction maybes.

Can only imagine it would be good to keep eyes as level as possible whilst trying to read the lines, so as not to add to the distortion maybe.

Think this problem of distance & depth perception, so more problematic seeing line, makes it even more important to have those '3' aim points, of ball, a spot little ways in front of the ball then whatever part of the hole or break point to the hole you need to consider for the line of a putt.

One thing I should have said before, something that's second nature really, always watch the travel of any putt that goes past the hole so you then see the line of the putt for coming back.
Too I always attempt to stroke putts at a speed that would leave them 12" to 18" past if they don't go in. The boffins that have done the experiments say that gives you the optimum speed for any putt to 'hold' it's line.

Probably a good idea to be sure which is your dominant eye & factor that in, perhaps if up closer to reads maybe closing the other eye might even help?
Also if you keep a note of where you miss the line/putt, so over time you'd be able to see if there's a clear pattern of which side you are missing, which could shed some light if it's a vision problem, if there proves to be a definite pattern you might be able to factor in some compensation.
If say regardless in the difference in putts over time your always an inch or so left or right of the true line, maybe you can set up with that in mind. As ams I know we tend to always miss on the low side as we under read putts so all the experts say anyways .....
Always assuming of course it's all down to 'reading lines' & not putting technique.

Thanks for your reply, I will try the dominant eye thing and see if putting improves over time.