Rangers in Trouble Again

D

Deleted member 18588

Eriksson certainly reached the levels you would expect of the England

And Kenny wasn't our worst manager - that was Hodgson but Kenny was given lots of money and didn't oerform

Scolari wasn't given a season

Managers need to earn the chance and I can't recall many British managers who have earned that chance - Moyes and looked how that fared

If one of the top clubs lost their manager right now - which British manager do you think they should give a chance too and based on what ?

Did Houllier do a good job at Liverpool?

He did not have an outstanding record until then.

For example Tony Pulis has been categorised as a defensively minded manager lacking in flair but that may be due to him continually making the most of the resources available to him at smaller clubs with limited resources.

Prejudices aside no one knows what he might have achieved at one of the Big Four.

D

Deleted member 15344

Houllier did a good job - won trophies with us including a historic treble

Before us he has won a title with PSG I believe but mainly involved in international football helping France with the ground work to win the World Cup - but don't see the relevance he has ?

Again Pulis just like Moyes just keeps teams mid table - a top four club wouldn't touch him - even at Stoke when he was spending money ( a decent amount ) he still bought the same type of players and played the same way.

Prejudices aside I think it would be quite easy to predict what he would do at a big job

The teams pick managers who have succeeded at top clubs because they want the highest possible chance of success - they get that with managers who have already won things - it's far far too big a risk to give a chance to someone who has won nothing - track record shows that

A manager should never be given a chance based on his nationality

D

Deleted member 16999

Houllier did a good job - won trophies with us including a historic treble

Before us he has won a title with PSG I believe but mainly involved in international football helping France with the ground work to win the World Cup - but don't see the relevance he has ?

Again Pulis just like Moyes just keeps teams mid table - a top four club wouldn't touch him - even at Stoke when he was spending money ( a decent amount ) he still bought the same type of players and played the same way.

Prejudices aside I think it would be quite easy to predict what he would do at a big job

The teams pick managers who have succeeded at top clubs because they want the highest possible chance of success - they get that with managers who have already won things - it's far far too big a risk to give a chance to someone who has won nothing - track record shows that

A manager should never be given a chance based on his nationality
Bit unfair on Moyes, he turned us from a mid table team to one that battled with the top 6 and on limited resources,
Didn't Hodgson have a better record than Kenny over the same amount of games, just like Moyes did over LvG upto a point, Hodgson also had a good Euro CV,
Difference is, teams at the top need to stay near the top and risking Moyes and Hodgson over 2-3 years to rebuild and take a team backwards before moving forwards really isn't an option for the big teams.
Serious question Phil, if Lpool finish 7-8 with no silverware, what pressure will he be under next season.
Has anyone mentioned Sir Bobby Robson?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Nothwithstanding that Rangers currently have a caretaker manager, this thread has got seriously off topic!

Perhaps 'the Wombat' or one of his colleagues would care to split it!

D

Deleted member 15344

Moyes did a decent job at Everton - no doubt

Took a Man UTD from Champions to 8th

Hodgson was shocking - simple as that and a good Euro CV will include success in a European Comp or success in a top European league - Spain , Germany , Italy or even Holland - Hodgsons CV has none of that. Believe he could have easily relegated us with his signings and tactics

And Rodgers will always be under pressure at Liverpool - that's the nature of the job.

And Robson was a success both home and abroad

D

Deleted member 16999

Moyes did a decent job at Everton - no doubt

Took a Man UTD from Champions to 8th

Hodgson was shocking - simple as that and a good Euro CV will include success in a European Comp or success in a top European league - Spain , Germany , Italy or even Holland - Hodgsons CV has none of that. Believe he could have easily relegated us with his signings and tactics

And Rodgers will always be under pressure at Liverpool - that's the nature of the job.

And Robson was a success both home and abroad
All managers at top clubs are under pressure, Moyes didn't get a season, should you's sack Brenda if (I doubt it) you's finish 8th?

D

Deleted member 15344

All managers at top clubs are under pressure, Moyes didn't get a season, should you's sack Brenda if (I doubt it) you's finish 8th?

No Rodgers shouldn't get sacked

But now going wildly off topic and into Liverpool specifics.

D

Deleted member 16999

No Rodgers shouldn't get sacked

But now going wildly off topic and into Liverpool specifics.
Since it went off topic you've posted quite a bit and answered specifics on Houllier and hodgson, I post two comments and NOW widly off topic, maybe the questions are to difficult, goodnight, I'm out

D

Deleted member 15344

Since it went off topic you've posted quite a bit and answered specifics on Houllier and hodgson, I post two comments and NOW widly off topic, maybe the questions are to difficult, goodnight, I'm out

They aren't difficult it's just going over old ground all over again

Any questions on our current manager are widely available in the other thread as they have all been asked before.

If you really want to ask - ask in there.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
So a second London hotel cancels the Rangers EGM booking (the same day it was announced as a venue) and the club are now to hold it at their own stadium
(no pun intended)