Range Prices!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
What is the price of your local range?

Today I went and hit some balls before going to cut my dad's grass for him. I went to Mearns Castle which is a fabulous facility however I was charged £9 for 100 balls!!!! Now that is expensive.

What do you pay for 100 balls.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think a 10 credit digicard for the driving range at my club Matfen, is £20 iirc

So, 2 credits, £4, to get 100 balls.....I think it’s good value👍

Better than £10 at close house....!!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can’t answer for 100 balls because that’s not an option

120 balls at golf kingdom is £10.50 (you save 25% with a discount membership .. this means topping up your account by £25)

This range has auto loading bays and top tracer on about 20 bays

Next is ingrebourne golf range .. top tracer on 9 bays no auto loader

120 balls are £7.50 so £3 cheaper and £6.75 with their discount card

They do November madness normally which is double top up.. I shoved £100 on there 2 November’s ago and still have £150 left

So it’s good value as you really pay half that if timed right

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Got 2 near me

Trafford golf centre

They do 40/80/120 and I think it's £5/£8/£10
Have toptracer but charge about £6 an hour to use it.
Auto loading bays
Have a loyalty card thing but the amounts you have to put on don't divide equally by the cost of the balls so you end up having to top it up 3/4 times

Bowlee park golf range

50/100 options £4 and £7 I think
No auto loader
They do a top up card where I think it's £32 for 10x50

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mine is £6.50 for 100 or £4 for 50.....
Doesn't do a "membership" type thing yet but it might happen.
Another that's further away and has fewer bays is (or was) about a fiver for 75 balls bit they've just installed some toptracer bays so I imagine the price will have gone up

mteam

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've not been for a while looks like Trafford have kept the price but reduced the amount of balls, £6 hour to use toptracer is a joke

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I pay 8.20ish for 60 balls peak time, or 72 balls off peak time. But preloading a range card I get up to 40% discount, load £100, get £140.

It’s expensive, but I get Toptracer as well.

No idea about 100 balls, 72 is plenty for me.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
£7 for a jumbo bucket, ‘approx 180’ £5 for 100. Excellent balls and mats at Moorview range in Sheffield. Another range I go to occasionally is £1 for approx 22 dreadfully old, battered and often dimple free balls!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got a range membership 10,000 balls for £250 will last well over 12 months

A range membership! Never heard of that.

Prices are a bit of a joke and very limited value in improving your game unless you are trying to get used to a swing change recommended by a pro.

For me at least I stopped going because...
1. It's too far from my house.
2. The balls are rocks.
3. Hitting off a square mat it is tricky to aim at anything other than parallel to the mat.
4. The mat.
5. It's boring.
6. Consequently I just smashed the balls and learned nothing.

Far better to head to the club and use the short game practice facilities. Need to collect my own balls but easy enough.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I should add the quality of the balls to this

Golf kingdom uses srixons and has really good Astro greens at 150, 70, 190 and 110 yards (depending where u stand)

The other had Wilson range balls (new) and just posts with flags by them

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Far better to head to the club and use the short game practice facilities. Need to collect my own balls but easy enough.

I echo this.. my other range has a nice 9 hole mini links par 3 course attached ranging from 70-150 yards

It’s great. £195 a year.. I often just arrive at range ready to work on something and end up going on the mini links

I’d say it’s why my driving hasn’t improved but my irons, wedges and putting are much sharper

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
What is the price of your local range?

Today I went and hit some balls before going to cut my dad's grass for him. I went to Mearns Castle which is a fabulous facility however I was charged £9 for 100 balls!!!! Now that is expensive.

What do you pay for 100 balls.

My local one is World of Golf at New Malden. £11.90 off peak for 100 balls, £14.00 at peak, goes up to 120 balls for the same price with a range card :eek:; still think yours is expensive?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use High Legh and it £8 for 100 with the top tracer free. I als use Tru fit in Warrington that is £7 for 100 ball,s but you have to hire the top tracer if you want for £6 an hour....

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Jeez....some of those are expensive. £4 for 100 and I wouldn't want to be paying more. Decent balls and mats. For tech involved then the increase seems reasonable