Random Disappointments of the Day

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not quite as strong as an irritation for the Random Irritations of the Day but things that turned out not quite as you hoped / would have liked.

For me, the M&S Triple Chocolate Panettone and the Orange Toblerone. Both disappointingly bland.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oatcakes!!!!! Mrs Colch got me a nice cheese selection at her craft fair this weekend. The guy running the stall threw in some free oatcakes. Tried them last night and my god they are awful. I would've been better off putting my cheese on a piece of cardboard. Can't believe how dry and tasteless they are.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not quite as strong as an irritation for the Random Irritations of the Day but things that turned out not quite as you hoped / would have liked.

For me, the M&S Triple Chocolate Panettone and the Orange Toblerone. Both disappointingly bland.
No-one should ever be disappointed about a panettone - your expectations were way too high in the first place ... :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oatcakes!!!!! Mrs Colch got me a nice cheese selection at her craft fair this weekend. The guy running the stall threw in some free oatcakes. Tried them last night and my god they are awful. I would've been better off putting my cheese on a piece of cardboard. Can't believe how dry and tasteless they are.

My wife and I received a hamper every year from her charitable trust and it always contained oatcakes. I tried them with everything and after that, every year, they became bird fodder, must be some sort of Scots thing like putting salt in to porridge.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It seems to be standard they put them down with cheese in Scotland. I hate the things. I have to tell them to give me crackers instead.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cutting down three trees in our garden. They were causing too much hassle all-round, but never nice to rid the planet of trees. Something good will go in their place though.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Think my biggest disappointment was the first time I went into the Bel-air @thebelfry!
For some reason I didn’t expect it to be chockablock with older blokes in Polo shirts! ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think my biggest disappointment was the first time I went into the Bel-air @thebelfry!
For some reason I didn’t expect it to be chockablock with older blokes in Polo shirts! ?
Every time I went there (much younger back then) it was full of middle aged (at best) women. Thought it was grab a granny night though it didn't stop my mate but thats another thread

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I hope they'd showered and not come straight off the course. :)

Oh they was definitely in their “smarter” Polos. Gabicci and Ralf as far as the eye could see!

Every time I went there (much younger back then) it was full of middle aged (at best) women. Thought it was grab a granny night though it didn't stop my mate but thats another thread

That’s what we were expecting but there was less that 10 women in the whole club! ?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
??

Yea it’s a Scots thing, I was out for meal last Friday and had mackerel pate with oatcakes for a starter and they were awful.

The serving suggestion for a packet of oatcakes should be;

1. Open packet and place oatcakes on plate.
2. Ignore instruction 1, do not open the packet. Instead, open the bin and drop the oatcakes in.
3. Close the bin.
4. Open a packet of decent cheese biscuits.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The serving suggestion for a packet of oatcakes should be;

1. Open packet and place oatcakes on plate.
2. Ignore instruction 1, do not open the packet. Instead, open the bin and drop the oatcakes in.
3. Close the bin.
4. Open a packet of decent cheese biscuits.
Reminds me of a recipe I was told of for cooking Chub...
1. Place Chub on 3 inch thick board of wood
2. Bake for 10 hours at 300°C
3. Remove from oven, throw away the Chub and eat the board as it will taste better.