Radio Golf

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I left work this evening with a 30minute drive awaiting me. As i got in my car I started thinking how great it would be if we had a radio station dedicated to golf.

It could cover all the major competitions, have interviews with pro's, course and equipment reviews plus competitions etc...

So who thinks its a good idea and would you tune in???

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Maybe a good idea Minty although I doubt I'd make efforts to tune in.
Only tend to listen to the radio whilst at work (in the background). I just have a relatively short journey home so often don't switch on.
I suppose for people much like yourself who have a decent commute from work, the idea of a golf radio programme maybe attractive.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
thanks for the feedback lads. medwayjon, I too love my music but I listen to talksport for atleast 30mins a day at present so another station (maybe a golf one) would be great for me.

hellbunker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i too would't listen to a golf radio channel, however there are some great podcasts. One of my favs is "Golf Talk Podcast" and "Golf Smarter". Anybody else got any favs?

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That is the thing with Gaunty, there is no hiding behind political correctness with him.

I even buy the sun to read his column.

Totally agree about Gaunty. He used to be on Radio London then left to go to radio Coventry where he got booted off for a 'conflict of interests'. At the time I emailed them to find out what it was all about and they said it was because he had started his column in The Sun. Total hypocracy. How many other BBC staff moonlight ?

Gaunty often says what many think. Just wish we had him for Mayor of London.

Anyway, I like the idea of a golf radio show something along the lines of 'Test Cricket Special'. The smooth tones of Aliss (in fact anyone other than 'jugears the crisp muncher') would go down nicely over a pint and a look at the paper. Could even do it via interweb radio with podcasts etc. ;)

T

thecraw

Well I could listen to Peter Alliss all day long I think he is a wealth of golfing knowledge and his stories and experiences are amazingly funny. Love the way he is talking about Stenson hitting a wonderful approach shot and within 3 seconds he is talking about a steak pie he ate last week.

Man is a legend and his ramblings are quality.

Dont get me started on that tit Linaker though, useless tit!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
MWJ, I have lots in common with you but I think John Gaunt is a complete Tommy Tanker. He will never be as good as Mike Dickin. With only a couple of days golf during weekdays I think it would soon loose its novelty factor.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Dont get me started on that tit Linaker though, useless tit!

Whatever idiot was responsible for giving this goal-hanging cretin the chance to slime his way onto terrestrial golf coverage needs a swift talking too. I'm sure my putter could sit in the studio and do a better job (and for a fraction of the pay too).

T

thecraw

Even Alan Hanson would have been better than Linaker, at least Hanson has a bit golfing knowledge! Hes a dam fine player.

daveyboy17

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Even Alan Hanson would have been better than Linaker, at least Hanson has a bit golfing knowledge! Hes a dam fine player.
I hate linaker he is such a knob! bring back steve ryder hes the only one for me or get peter allis out of the commentry box and get him presenting or even torrance or grady!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont know about golf radio I think it would be quite dull most of the time especially the off season.

Would be awesome to listen to Peter Alliss as im going to sleep talking about golf then his dinner, then 2 irons then whiskey etc etc etc