R&A boobs

Marroy

Visit site
How do the R&A manage to get things so wrong they appear to live in another world putting a putter shaft against their arm from the hand to the elbow is not anchoring now they come up with bright idea of giving all amateur golfers the cost of having one inch cut off their drivers

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How do the R&A manage to get things so wrong they appear to live in another world putting a putter shaft against their arm from the hand to the elbow is not anchoring now they come up with bright idea of giving all amateur golfers the cost of having one inch cut off their drivers

Where does it say this about cutting down drivers.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Did they steal your full stop too.

I’d say armlock putting is anchoring. But why do I have to cut an inch off my driver?

wjemather

Visit site
They are changing the maximum driver length from 47 inch’s to 46 inch’s
It's an optional model local rule intended for use in elite events only. Since almost all elite players are wielding drivers under 46 inches anyway, it really only affects a very small number of tour pros.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
They are changing the maximum driver length from 47 inch’s to 46 inch’s
What's the length of YOUR Driver?
Oh and Putting with the shaft braced against the forearm is NOT anchoring! How would the putt be made if it was?

phillarrow

Visit site
Arm lock putters may not actually use anchoring by strict definition, but they're still wrong in my opinion. Personally, I feel that having got rid of anchoring from the game, they should have gone the whole hog and restricted it to "Only the hands may be in contact with the club when making a swing/stroke." That would, in my view, be 'purer' to the intentions/origins of the game.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
They are boobs, but not on this one

Taking The Open off council telly is a humungous boob

Look at Kirsty Muir, all she has to do is make an Olympic final, not even medal, and her local dry ski slope has been inundated with enquiries, same happens during Wimbledon when kids suddenly find tennis rackets.

Golf?? Nah.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps it would be more to the point if you had the right facts.