R&A boobs

Swango1980

Visit site
I suspect this is a simple case of somebody deciding to get angry about something before actually being aware of the impact. They probably thought we'd all have to go out and buy shorter drivers, not realising we pretty much all have a driver within 46 inches anyway.

Unless the OP is one of the few amateurs who has a super long driver shaft?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suspect this is a simple case of somebody deciding to get angry about something before actually being aware of the impact. They probably thought we'd all have to go out and buy shorter drivers, not realising we pretty much all have a driver within 46 inches anyway.

Unless the OP is one of the few amateurs who has a super long driver shaft?
And he is also a pro or 'elite' amateur.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Arm lock putters may not actually use anchoring by strict definition, but they're still wrong in my opinion. Personally, I feel that having got rid of anchoring from the game, they should have gone the whole hog and restricted it to "Only the hands may be in contact with the club when making a swing/stroke." That would, in my view, be 'purer' to the intentions/origins of the game.
Do they confirm to The Rules? Yes! Therefore, they are fine!
What sort of arrogance/ignorance suggest you know what 'the intentions/origins of the game' really were? Should we also still be using sown leather balls stuffed with feathers?

phillarrow

Visit site
Do they confirm to The Rules? Yes! Therefore, they are fine!
What sort of arrogance/ignorance suggest you know what 'the intentions/origins of the game' really were? Should we also still be using sown leather balls stuffed with feathers?

Ooohhhh!!!! ???

The arrogance/ignorance of seeing enough examples and pictures of old golf clubs to know that they were all held only by the hands. ?‍♂️?‍♂️??

Every other club in the bag is held only by the hands. In my view, this should extend to putters.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Ooohhhh!!!! ???

The arrogance/ignorance of seeing enough examples and pictures of old golf clubs to know that they were all held only by the hands. ?‍♂️?‍♂️??

Every other club in the bag is held only by the hands. In my view, this should extend to putters.
I'm content with the current 'No Anchoring' rule!
And FWIW, there was no limit on the number of clubs that could be carried until 1938/39 (1 player carried 32!). Should we go back to that (unlimited) state too?

phillarrow

Visit site
I'm content with the current 'No Anchoring' rule!
And FWIW, there was no limit on the number of clubs that could be carried until 1938/39 (1 player carried 32!). Should we go back to that (unlimited) state too?

I don't have an opinion on the number of clubs.
But thanks for sharing your views on the subject of armlock putters...It's almost as if this is an Internet forum where everyone is welcome to share their personal opinions on things. ??

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
But thanks for sharing your views on the subject of armlock putters...It's almost as if this is an Internet forum where everyone is welcome to share their personal opinions on things. ??
And I agree with you.
Although Armlock is, technically, legal I don't think it should be.
All clubs should be only held in the hands.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
The funny thing is, whoever you're replying to is blocked, a decision that seems correct once again :LOL: