• Down

Votes: 101 51.0%
  • Stayed roughly the same

Votes: 50 25.3%

• Total voters

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Currently playing off 17 exact, new hcap from 2nd 15.2, Thankyou. Hcap on my home course from 2nd 18 ?. Last 18 hole Q comp today.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agreed, but not convinced a 19.4 needs 34 ?

Whilst I agree the jump looks big but from years of serving of on a handicap committee there are a lot of player with vanity handicaps.
When we have done the handicap review we get more appeals for players who we have put their handicap up and than we do from those whose handicap we have increased.

One of the problems through the years is not being able to players up to a handicap that their scores really reflect.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
View attachment 33181Woke up this morning to even more ridiculousness, suddenly gone from +1.5 to +2... ?

CSS has never changed from SSS, I've tried hard to follow how it's worked out but this change has just confused the heck out of me.

Only saving grace is I will have 3 scores from October to go in, but what a farce...
Sounds entirely justified to me..:ROFLMAO:

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
View attachment 33181Woke up this morning to even more ridiculousness, suddenly gone from +1.5 to +2... ?

CSS has never changed from SSS, I've tried hard to follow how it's worked out but this change has just confused the heck out of me.

Only saving grace is I will have 3 scores from October to go in, but what a farce...
Congratulations. I would keep that screenshot and show everyone.

D

Deleted member 25172

Mine has gone to 5.0 from 5.1 since yesterday.

I don't know why it's showing that I'm top 4% of Norfolk though as my club is based in Middlesex... :unsure:

D

Deleted member 25172

I'm in Surrey and it's showing Sussex for me too!!

Hmm, I'm thinking that perhaps there's just a slight glitch in some background code as it's seem to pick up the next county in alphabetical order of where our clubs are?

D

Deleted member 1147

The scary thing about plus handicap is that, if your slope is over 113, your playing handicap goes down when you do the calcs.
A mate of mine is +4.4, out slope is 127, so his course handicap is +5 ?

D

Deleted member 1147

Well the first scary thing is that I'm not a real plus ?
I know it's bonkers, I hate to say this but for the first time ever I think I'm going to be spending the next few months hoping I don't score low numbers.
I wouldn't dream of deliberately not scoring the best I can, but I can see why people would, which is pretty sad.
Another lad at our place has gone from +2.8, his index is now +5.1, with a playing handicap on the whites of +6.
It is mental. I thought I'd been hard done to losing 1 shot :LOL:

Like you say, I can imagine some people trying to get higher handicaps. Fortunately all my best scores are at the start of my 20 rounds, so I'll be losing a few low ones come next April. Just have to hope I can match them :unsure::sneaky:

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dropped another .4 today now at 8.9. Once October is added then I think maybe 8.4.

Glad it’s coming in the this year had a terrible year, carrying a shoulder injury, last year and would have probably been 15.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im down from 4.6 to 4.4 now. Actual is 5.6. At my home course with the adjustments I'll play off 5.

Few of the old boys are not happy. They NR a lot and often put NR on a lot of, if not, each hole in their scorecard . I wonder if this is why they have jumped so much..?

I just think its all pointless and a fat waste of money. I know the reasons why and that we are aligning with the rest of the world etc etc but I prefer the old system.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Noticing players with + handicaps or low single figures going even lower the question has to asked is - How many scores are in your handicap record?

Having less than about 16 can make a big difference.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
17.7 CONGU up to Handicap Index of 19.2. means I'll be playing off 20 from the Whites and 19 from the Yellows when the 95% is applied!!

D

Deleted member 1147

Noticing players with + handicaps or low single figures going even lower the question has to asked is - How many scores are in your handicap record?

Having less than about 16 can make a big difference.
It was predicted that low handicappers would probably end up with lower indexes and playing handicaps than their congu handicaps.

D

Deleted member 15344

Mines gone to 2.3 - course handicap 2 at my place , interesting times ahead ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was predicted that low handicappers would probably end up with lower indexes and playing handicaps than their congu handicaps.
I had already posted this in another thread

One Dorset player who has a CONGU handicap of 7 has a predicted H.I. of zero because he only has 5 scores on his record and the best one sets his H.I..

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Well it's decided. You're going to have to try to qualify for The Open now. You can do a blog and vlog.
Traminator's quest for The Open
???
We're all behind you ?⛳

D

Deleted member 1147

I had already posted this in another thread

One Dorset player who has a CONGU handicap of 7 has a predicted H.I. of zero because he only has 5 scores on his record and the best one sets his H.I..
I can give lots of examples of low and plus handicappers who have far more than 16 scores and have come down. Including a now plus 4 index, who has played over 50 rounds this season. He was previously on +2.