• Stayed roughly the same

Votes: 50 25.3%

• Total voters

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
3 cuts, 2 bang on, 1 buffer..

2 possibilities.

a) Blimey, that makes no sense - unless the cuts were larger under CONGU than they would have been under WHS, leaving your final H'Cap on the low side! (wow, have I sussed it?)

b) Your club has forgotten to multiply the ordinal integers by the yardage of your 12th hole and divide by the menu number of Beef in Green Peppers and Black Bean Sauce at the Chinese Take-Away that is the 11th furthest from the northern perimeter of your club cark park. Given the difference, they may have used the number for Chow Mein in error. (Caveat: This may be less daft than the actual answer!)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
2 possibilities.

a) Blimey, that makes no sense - unless the cuts were larger under CONGU than they would have been under WHS, leaving your final H'Cap on the low side! (wow, have I sussed it?)

b) Your club has forgotten to multiply the ordinal integers by the yardage of your 12th hole and divide by the menu number of Beef in Green Peppers and Black Bean Sauce at the Chinese Take-Away that is the 11th furthest from the northern perimeter of your club cark park. Given the difference, they may have used the number for Chow Mein in error. (Caveat: This may be less daft than the actual answer!)
Errrrr.....B:LOL:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
In all seriousness, given this is all maths based, the answer should be provable.

While I was typing that, I wondered if the Slope/Course ratings of your course are relatively "higher" (gonna get in trouble for saying that, but you'll get my drift) than the old SSS. (the bits that are not maths based!) But you will shortly get a ban from your Country Union for having the audacity to question things that don't concern you! :)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
What do we have to put on card? I'd like to just put. Score. Index, tee used

I believe - course handicap. The one found on the helpful boards near the first tee (at my club). The computer does everything else for us!

My only real question is - do you play 100% of handicap in stableford comps? Is 95% solely stroke play?

yandabrown

Visit site
I believe - course handicap. The one found on the helpful boards near the first tee (at my club). The computer does everything else for us!

My only real question is - do you play 100% of handicap in stableford comps? Is 95% solely stroke play?
I beleive that 100% is only used in singles matchplay.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most scorecards I've seen already had 'handicap' and 'strokes received' boxes by each player, so you could write your index and also the number of shots (you think) you received for that round.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Most scorecards I've seen already had 'handicap' and 'strokes received' boxes by each player, so you could write your index and also the number of shots (you think) you received for that round.

Thats exactly what our cards say!!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It going to be like VAR for golf.
You think you might have won a comp , but will have to wait for the result because a lot of players don’t know what handicap they are playing off that day.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was off 10.8, handicap index now 8.6 but off of our whites i'll still get 11 shots and 10 off the yellows so nothing has really changed apart from the fact i'm now a bona fide SFG !!!!!