• Down

Votes: 101 51.0%
  • Stayed roughly the same

Votes: 50 25.3%

• Total voters

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What I don’t understand is ,I have been playing my course for years , every comp so playing off 6 is my correct cap.
But under WHS I am at a stroke now off 7.
Was the Congu handicap Wrong all those years.

One other factor to take in to consideration is that if you buffer under the UHS it has no impact it does under the WHS.

Worth looking back at the whole WHS scores over the past 3 years to see all the slight changes. Having looked at mine the only times that my handicap index remained the same was when I shot well over handicap which would not have affected best 8.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
After SGs latest recalc I am now showing at 1.0 (vs congu 2.5). At my home course that means getting 1 shot rather than 3.

More interestingly, I’m increasingly hearing mid handicappers surprised that they are going to come down, some by several shots. And also high handicaps looking like going up by several shots. There may be trouble ahead.....
There may be.. .but might it be relatively short term while things re-balance?

[typed while looking for a high handicapper for the non Q winter pairs ?]

Mandofred

Visit site
I'm just making the effort to figure things out. I've dropped from 9.6 to 7.7. After adding my best 8 (I think each was better than my real score, but adjusted down on the day) from How Did I Do, my average was 80.87.......difference from par is 8.87. Now I need to figure out how they got to 7.7

From what I've seen on the clubs handicap list, I've been moved lower than some guys that had handicaps a shot or so lower than mine. It is what it is....... I've also seen at least 6? people on the hc list playing off 54 now.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One other factor to take in to consideration is that if you buffer under the UHS it has no impact it does under the WHS.

Worth looking back at the whole WHS scores over the past 3 years to see all the slight changes. Having looked at mine the only times that my handicap index remained the same was when I shot well over handicap which would not have affected best 8.
Thanks for the reply.
But if this is supposed to be better and simpler then it’s not working for me, ( not very techie)
Having to check 3 years of scores to see if it’s correct!
Not that bothered ,could do with a few shots back to compete against all the bandits.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So where are we now? There's under four full normal working days until this goes live. It seems to be updating daily so I'd make that three more spins of the data wheel and I get the sense they're just going to keep putting money in the puggy and see if they get a row of bells before end of play on Friday because thus far it just seems to be coming up with lemons.

I'd love to have a peer behind the curtain but I'd probably just get annoyed at what I found. :D

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lot of people indicated that their HC index is lower so is mine, when I take the slope of my course into account I'm playing if one more than my present HC, I have run the clubs annual review report which advises a one shot increase so Bob's your auntie works out about right.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I've tried for days to get mine but they're still saying they're using an email from the last millennium. I've just re-read every comment on here, a lot of you seem to have a very strong grasp of the brave new world - so thanks for all your insights

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems to me as if some on here are just nit picking. Did you ask so many questions about your congu H/C? No you just accepted it for what is was. Now something new comes along and WOAH !!!!! throw your hand up in the air. LordY LOrdY Lordy.

You've got a new H/C. You go to the course to play. The course you are to play has a big BIG MASSIVE list up to show you what H/C to use at their course. Away to go.

For Gods sake how bluddy hard are you making all this ?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The club have got the right email and I get all their correspondence, sure they've got enough on their hands for now
It could be that you're getting all their correspondence through BRS but that the email on H/cap software if different. Don't know.... just a thought, matey

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
CONGU 13.2
INDEX 11.1
95% off the whites = 10.4
3 shots gone and the lowest playing handicap I've ever had!!
don't know whether to laugh or cry

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Just checked my HI again today, and it has dropped from 20.4 to 19.2, which seems to suggest they have now taken CSS into consideration as I have not played any rounds since, and around 19.0 was where I expected to go to.

EDIT: Actually, no it hasn't taken it into account when I look at my scores in hdid - so I have no idea why it has moved.

Very confusing!

Last edited: