Quick poll... Hatton’s hoodie: yes or no?

Are you a fan of Hatton’s hoodie?

• Yes

Votes: 112 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 23.5%
  • Couldn’t care less

Votes: 80 32.9%
  • What’s a hoodie?

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Maybe this is an opportunity to wrest the ownership of the hoodie away from the hoodlums and to make it respectable.

Why would golfers need to disguise their identity Phil? It's the primary purpose of the hoodie south of the Thames.

Got no problem with Hatton & Co wearing one, it’s probably not a style I would rock personally, but if the slimmer guys want to then I’m all for it

Then wear it & put the hood up...

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I saw someone wearing a hoodie last week when I was on the 5th tee, it made my blood boil.

I was going to stride over and give them a piece of my mind but luckily for them they were on the footpath the other side of the hedge and not actually on the hallowed turf of the golf course.

The game has never been the same since golfers stopped wearing a jacket to play in, and don't get me started on jacket and ties no longer being required in the clubhouse.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I saw someone wearing a hoodie last week when I was on the 5th tee, it made my blood boil.

I was going to stride over and give them a piece of my mind but luckily for them they were on the footpath the other side of the hedge and not actually on the hallowed turf of the golf course.

The game has never been the same since golfers stopped wearing a jacket to play in, and don't get me started on jacket and ties no longer being required in the clubhouse.

Don’t get your plus fours in a twist Nick ??

D

Deleted member 15344

@Liverpoolphil

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/golf...f-clubs-do-better-encouraging-juniors-2610257

Paul Lawrie foundation lists it as a big turn off from their research/experience.

That appears to be more about being “shouted” at by older members than having to wear golf attire to play - the juniors we have when at group lessons etc all wear whatever they want and it’s the same with any club I have seen juniors at. But it also needs context -are they talking about junior members who are already playing the sport ? New people trying to take it up - will be amazed at any club who has a dress code for kids turning up for lessons etc

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have a junior academy and the kids can rock up and wear what they like. It's all about getting them interested in playing and hopefully staying playing and joining a club. At that point you can't start the dress code discussion. Hopefully if hoodies take off and its not just a passing fashion fad, club will be reactive and change their codes. Some won't of course

Our updated dress code is actually fairly relaxed (compared to some) https://www.royalascotgolfclub.co.uk/visitors/dress-code/ and no mention of hoodies being allowed/permitted so I guess if I get one and rock up in one tomorrow I'll get the usual funny looks from certain sections of the club but I am allowed to wear it to play in

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Maybe Hatton will be receiving an extra bonus with all the talk that has been generated, and a few sales by the sound of it. Been a dream week for the marketing team ?

D

Deleted member 1147

Quite agree that it’s time to move on but lets see Hatton donate the sponsorship money that he will undoubtedly get for wearing it into supporting junior golf.
Do you expect all players to donate their sponsorship income, or just those wearing hoodies?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
We have a junior academy and the kids can rock up and wear what they like. It's all about getting them interested in playing and hopefully staying playing and joining a club. At that point you can't start the dress code discussion.
I think that if there is a club which thinks polo shirts are absolutely important to them then they should hand one to each participant in their junior academy. It cost them maybe £15 to bulk buy them, could be handed out with a certificate of completion at the end, gets the kids to feel a ‘proper’ golfer, and gets the old guys of their case ;-)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I think that if there is a club which thinks polo shirts are absolutely important to them then they should hand one to each participant in their junior academy. It cost them maybe £15 to bulk buy them, could be handed out with a certificate of completion at the end, gets the kids to feel a ‘proper’ golfer, and gets the old guys of their case ;-)

Or said clubs could just accept that they need to move with the times?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder how many courses ban them? Crazy really that the manufacturers get to say what's golf wear and what's not.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
There is actually loads of the brands out there with some really smart golf hoodies, just looked it up on google, I actually quite like some of them ‘ducks and hides’ ??

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I stopped wearing hoodies a couple of years back, I'm told it's not trendy for a 55 year old to wear them..... I don't mind wearing a hoodie with a pair of jeans (also untrendy at my age apparently), but I don't think I'd want to wear one on the golf course. Even wearing the hoodie, I never wore the hood up. Unless they're made from waterproof materials, they're about as useful as a chocolate fireguard in a downpour on the course. Much prefer a warm sweatshirt with a high neck for keeping warm and waterproof outerwear for keeping dry. But if you want to wear one, I say go for it, not something to worry about on the course.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site