Quick poll... Hatton’s hoodie: yes or no?

Are you a fan of Hatton’s hoodie?

• Yes

Votes: 112 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 23.5%
  • Couldn’t care less

Votes: 80 32.9%
  • What’s a hoodie?

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 15344

Watching Hatton and Smith today the hood didn’t seem to impeded their swing at all and it didn’t seem to be moving too much when they were swinging - I have worn a hoodie at the range years back and can’t recall it hampering the swing ?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watching Hatton and Smith today the hood didn’t seem to impeded their swing at all and it didn’t seem to be moving too much when they were swinging - I have worn a hoodie at the range years back and can’t recall it hampering the swing ?
I wear a hoody to the range. I can't say it happers the swing it's more to do with having to throw it back over my shoulder after every swing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Exactly, given that it's designed by Adidas for golf, I imagine they'd make it so it doesn't flap about freely in the wind. It's not like just digging an old hoodie out of your cupboard. Also I have played golf with a hood up before, some hoods on certain jackets it might hamper your view, but on others it doesn't, it depends on the cut of the hood and the design.

Personally I think people moaning about hoods on the golf course need to have a look at themselves. It's just a practical clothing feature for rain and/or warmth if you need it. Really nothing to get worked up about. One for the loony sock brigade.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't get what the hood adds. A fleecy top, similar to a hoodie material wise, with a higher neck would be way warmer, useful, and more comfortable. Without the flappy bit to get on your nerves.
It's got a mountain of media attention, it's different to all the other standard golf tops out there. It's been a brilliant bit of marketing.

Don't look too deeply into it, it's just fashion.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Golf is hardly full of fashionable people. I've personally seen some shockers in my time - anyone that has a royal and awesome pair of trousers or wears all orange.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I don’t mind it, don’t think I’d wear one for golf as I think there are better looking tops but won’t begrudge others wearing one. Golfs a sport so clothes suitable for sport should be allowed

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I voted I couldn't care less, however, I don't think I would ever wear one on a golf course. What other people wear though is up to them, it is just a bit of clothing Also, they look like they could be a snagging hazard when rummaging about in the bushes, so no good for most of us on here.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Jordan Smith made a hole ? in one at Wentworth, rocking his hoodie.

I believe that's the correct terminology, you rock a hoodie, right? ?‍♂️
I like that, 'rock' a hoodie and 'game' clubs ?