Quick poll... Hatton’s hoodie: yes or no?

Are you a fan of Hatton’s hoodie?

• Yes

Votes: 112 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 23.5%
  • Couldn’t care less

Votes: 80 32.9%
  • What’s a hoodie?

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
And where do you stand on Mr Hatton's destruction of tee markers when he has a hissy fit?

https://ms-my.facebook.com/ByTheFla...on-isnt-a-fan-of-tee-markers/489477258207652/

Frankly I don't consider Hatton as any sort of a role model.

I don't agree with any professional sportspeople having hissy fits when they're "role models" however to be fair to Hatton he seema to have taken that incident on the chin and learned from it.

A bit of passion I like. That overstepped the mark.

Now hoodies which is being debated on here is part of the evolution of golf gear/clothing. I'm certainly not against that especially as it is challenging attitudes in clubhouses, and the fact that he's doing it at Wentworth which has a reputation as being a premium members club is great. They don't seem to be objecting/or have any issues. All a major win win for golf in my eyes.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I understand the line you’re taking, buts it’s spin imo, we would still be debating this no differently if it was Ricky Fowler, wouldn’t we?

It’s the specific clothing that’s the case in point, not the wearer.

Is it? Down my way, that particular piece of clothing attracts a particular type of wearer, whose attitudes and values I don't share, much as I don't share Mr. Hatton's view on certain things. So maybe it's a bit of both. ;)

Springveldt

Visit site
Watching it now, first time I’ve seen it. No issue with it but I wouldn’t wear one as I don’t see the point. The hood is just going to annoy me and I’ve got a hat and brolly if it starts raining.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyone get any proof that dress codes are stopping young people taking up the game? No evidence of it at my club. I think cost and time are bigger factors.
Dress codes add to the image of golf being stuffy and not for young people. The very fact there is a code of do's and don'ts puts youngsters off. Kids have loads of sporting options to choose from now, any obstacles will just nudge them towards somewhere else.

Diamond

Visit site
It's a fleece jacket with a hood and fitted he looks very smart in it. I cant see how it is changing attitudes to golf. If he turned up looking like Jessie Pinkman in Breaking Bad not wearing any golf apparel at all then yeah that would change attitudes. Just my opinion.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Dress codes add to the image of golf being stuffy and not for young people. The very fact there is a code of do's and don'ts puts youngsters off. Kids have loads of sporting options to choose from now, any obstacles will just nudge them towards somewhere else.
I disagree. We have a junior academy on Saturday mornings and the little kids all turn up dressed head to toe in Nike, UA and Adidas stuff looking like mini versions of Tiger and Rory. Why do you think kids buy football shirts with the name of their favourite player on the back? It's because they want to look like their heros. Golf is no different.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guy at work wants to get into golf

Sent him the hoodie he's purchased it .. right up his alley .. surely in 2020 we can just encourage people to play in what they feel is comfortable

Would I wear it ? No. I couldn't pull off the look. But it's a nice hoodie

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Forget any worries with a 'problem' of hoodie's being worn by one or two players and the link to societies street urchins this item of clothing has....
I've just noticed almost the entire field are wearing 'baseball' style caps with the strong culture links to gangs and drugs and urchins... and it seems these are acceptable at almost every golf club in the country!?

?

Just play your game

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
what a shame the Hoodle has been highjacked by the ned, when i was an Indie Kid in the 80 used to wear one all the time and my Anorak had a hood too, what a shame... wish i still had them, but the wife chaucked away all my old clobber:cry::LOL:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Forget any worries with a 'problem' of hoodie's being worn by one or two players and the link to societies street urchins this item of clothing has....
I've just noticed almost the entire field are wearing 'baseball' style caps with the strong culture links to gangs and drugs and urchins... and it seems these are acceptable at almost every golf club in the country!?

?

Just play your game
Ha yes, I've mentioned this before. Lived in my cap as a young teenager, on the streets with the "ghetto blaster" ? Didn't think to wear a cap again until I started playing golf.
Incidentally the "crew" all had matching nike waterproof jackets (with hoods) also?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like it, if its showeproof the hood could be quite handy too during an english 'summer' . Not sure I'd buy one though, not sure its the right cut for an athlete like me...

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
what a shame the Hoodle has been highjacked by the ned, when i was an Indie Kid in the 80 used to wear one all the time and my Anorak had a hood too, what a shame... wish i still had them, but the wife chaucked away all my old clobber:cry::LOL:
did that include a parka with the fur trimmed hood??

D

Deleted member 15344

That’s a point of view thats posted constantly but doesn’t actually seem to be proven - most of the people that have an issue which dress codes are people who already playing golf. I have never spoken to one person who has been put playing golf because of a dress code , never heard of a youngster going to play another sport because golf has a dress code.

The two main reasons I have actually seen is - money and time , the cost it is for both the equipment and the rounds , and the fact it’s a whole afternoon or morning to play

There is always a golf course near people that will suit any level of dress code that someone is ok with - whether that’s the jacket and tie club or the jeans and trainer club .

I’m pretty confident that a dress code doesn’t stop people taking up the sport itself and that it’s actually golfers who complain more about a dress code - whether that’s a strict one or a lack of one

As for the hoodie - it’s a fashion/comfort thing no doubt as with a good number of the golf items. And did someone really say donate the money earned from his Adidas contract to charity ?!?!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

?

Just play your game

Nice try, but baseball caps have been in golf since the 70's to my knowledge if not earlier, so the gangs and urchins wearing baseball caps have hijacked a bit of golf culture; you can tell the difference between a golfer and a street urchin as the golfer knows the correct way to wear the hat, whereas the street urchin seems to have difficult working this out. ;)

As opposed to golf adopting the uniform of the drug dealers and street robbers that is the hoodie. :rolleyes:

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I don’t mind his hoody, but I am wondering about the practicality of it. If he swings at the ball, doesn’t that flap around and irritate him?
And it looks way better than that stuff Fowler wore last year, the weird high boot golf shoes for example.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Maybe this is an opportunity to wrest the ownership of the hoodie away from the hoodlums and to make it respectable.

Got no problem with Hatton & Co wearing one, it’s probably not a style I would rock personally, but if the slimmer guys want to then I’m all for it