Quick poll... Hatton’s hoodie: yes or no?

Are you a fan of Hatton’s hoodie?

• Yes

Votes: 112 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 23.5%
  • Couldn’t care less

Votes: 80 32.9%
  • What’s a hoodie?

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you expect all players to donate their sponsorship income, or just those wearing hoodies?

All I am suggestin, and it’s only my opinion, that this is no more than a marketing gimmick. Happens all the time in sport with pro golfers trying to catch up with F1 drivers. When a new form of dress comes out, Mr Hatton will be willing to drop his hoody in favour of the next bit of kit. Along time ago I found the old hoodie as a very use while out training, that’s because it had a hood which was used to keep the wind and rain off.

I wait with interest to see the practical use of the hood out on a golf course. If golfers want to spend their money following fashion that’s up to them.

I personally have no problem with what anyone wears on a golf course.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Look decent to me... but surely the lump of material at the back of your neck doesn't benefit a golf swing?

I don’t think any clothing benefits a golf swing.....it’s a fashion statement I’d say.
In my opinion the game is changing, young lads will be all over these same as all the fancy new golf trainers / shoes nowadays.
There is a place in the game for new and more traditional clothing.

Then again maybe a hoodie does benefit your swing, after all Tyrell just won a lovely trophy with a few quid wearing one for 4 days ??

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Nice price too..... £129 for a hoodie... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Having said that, I've got one of their zip up high neck tops, had it about 4 or 5 years. Despite being quite thin and lightweight, it's one of the warmest layers I've got, very much over used, love it.

Who says golf gear is cheap ??
There gear is top notch in my opinion and worth the money.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Was there the same amount of hysteria when shoes became a bit more casual. I remember when I first played with my uncle in the 90’s the shoes I were given had metal spikes and were similar to shoes you would wear with a suit. Now we are effectively playing in trainers.

D

Deleted member 1147

All I am suggestin, and it’s only my opinion, that this is no more than a marketing gimmick. Happens all the time in sport with pro golfers trying to catch up with F1 drivers. When a new form of dress comes out, Mr Hatton will be willing to drop his hoody in favour of the next bit of kit. Along time ago I found the old hoodie as a very use while out training, that’s because it had a hood which was used to keep the wind and rain off.

I wait with interest to see the practical use of the hood out on a golf course. If golfers want to spend their money following fashion that’s up to them.

I personally have no problem with what anyone wears on a golf course.
But what has that got to do with giving away sponsorship income?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I saw someone wearing a hoodie last week when I was on the 5th tee, it made my blood boil.

I was going to stride over and give them a piece of my mind but luckily for them they were on the footpath the other side of the hedge and not actually on the hallowed turf of the golf course.

The game has never been the same since golfers stopped wearing a jacket to play in, and don't get me started on jacket and ties no longer being required in the clubhouse.
Things have gone downhill ever since gentlemen stopped wearing braces and started to rely on a belt to hold up their trousers..Vardon et al will have been turning in their grave at that development...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I only suggested the sponsorship money associated with the hoodie and it was to support junior golf not “some charity” , it was a sales gimmick, it was just my opinion, not really worth further discussion.

Other opinions are available.
I was watching and my wife came in and asked ‘why is he wearing a hoodie?’ My answer was ’he’ll be getting paid to wear it’. Anyway, and for the little it’s worth, she wasn’t impressed by the look ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Anyone who gets upset about a golfer wearing a hoodie on a golf course need to have a long hard look at themselves.
I don't think anyone is really getting upset, the discussion seems to be about the practicality of wearing it.