Dannyc

Visit site
Putting Matt at home is a massive help
Well it was to me anyway
Try get one with a proper hole I managed get one from eBay

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
My putting is so on/off. I'm not all that happy with my current putter either which whilst not the problem also isn't inspiring confidence. I don't think I take enough time before making the stroke.

If anyone has a putter they're looking to sell let me know!

JMSAFC87

Visit site
My putting is so on/off. I'm not all that happy with my current putter either which whilst not the problem also isn't inspiring confidence. I don't think I take enough time before making the stroke.

I am like that with mine mate. I had the odyssey #7 for years and totally fell out of love with it. Then bought the Taylormade TP blade and again I am not feeling it. I am contemplating trying the 2ball out. What do u use?

GolfingPastor

Visit site

I'm selling both my Scotty Cameron's:
California Del Mar - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202614858450
Squareback No.1 - (haven't done pics yet) https://www.scottycameron.com/archives/putters/2010/studio-select/squareback-1/

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
I am like that with mine mate. I had the odyssey #7 for years and totally fell out of love with it. Then bought the Taylormade TP blade and again I am not feeling it. I am contemplating trying the 2ball out. What do u use?

Mine is a Nike Method Core Mallet putter. Tempted to try a blade or squarer profiled mallet.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Distance control is something iv become very good at, I put in down squarely to my matt, but i'm horrible at reading the greens especially small left or right runs

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My putting has massively improved recently. Before, nothing felt right. Every putt was a tense stab in the dark. From the feeling in my hands to the take away to the strike. 100 putts, 100 different paths and distances.

Was in AG and was messing around with some putters and one just felt right, so I tried it several times, switching between different putter styles, and always this one felt like I could control the putt better. So I went and bought one.

It was the type the looks like a half circle, but the normal half circle, not the elongated big ones. Wilson staff infinite grant putter.

Not saying I one putt everything or don’t get the odd 3 putt, but I feel like I can honestly ‘have a go’ at each putt now instead of hitting and hoping. No idea why this shape putter suits me, it just does. Have previously had fang and classic putter heads.

Wolf

Visit site
Bob just beat me to the punch with his comment.

Everyone goes for lessons on their swing in search if the Holy grail of a swing that repeats and works like a tour pro game, but so many amateurs don't bother with a shirt game lesson that could literally improve their scores so much more.

Definetly suggest a putting lesson, work on that and then focus on the everything you learned being repeatable on the course

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had been a strength but has definitely been a weakness this winter. Not working hard enough especially on the practice green at the club but also losing confidence in the putter. Toyed with various models over the winter without finding a spark. Now I can get to the club after work I intend to address the issues starting next week

NearHull

Visit site
I had a putting lesson a Last year. We spent most of the time discussing how to think about the putt, ie where the break begins, aim points, where to stand for a practice swing, tempo. Two items that really made a difference to me. Firstly, standing 18” behind the ball to take a practice swing instead of beside the ball. That makes me ‘feel’ that I will putt at a pace that will run past the hole 18”. The second point was for downhill putts. Determining a point above the hole where the ball would roll in a straight line into the hole and then using this point as the ‘pseudo hole’.
The pro also explained his advice on uphill putts. Visualise how far the ball would travel if the green were flat and you putted at a flat green pace, the amount it would come up short is then added to the back of the hole, that point then becomes the ‘pseudo hole’ and then treat the putt as flat. Took me while to understand the principle and to be frank, I didn’t feel comfortable with it and don’t use it. My instructor uses all three tips on the EuroPro tour.

My apologies if the above is not very clear, but I don’t claim to be an instructor. Oh, and yes it has improved my putting, particularly on pace.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
“Everyone goes for lessons on their swing in search if the Holy grail of a swing that repeats and works like a tour pro game, but so many amateurs don't bother with a shirt game lesson that could literally improve their scores so much more.”

Lots of people could benefit from a shirt lesson - essential to get the right fit, especially on the larger frame 🤪🤪🤪🤪