Is this a record?

Swango1980

Visit site
About 4 years ago, when I was playing a lot, my chipping was pretty immense, but my ball striking has always been awful (very loopy swing that relies heavily on timing). I would regularly shoot low 70's on a Par 70 course, and have about 4 or 5 greens in regulation. Still do it at times, last month I was level par after 11th with 1 green in regulation. Finished with 25 putts that round, but didn't help when I 3 putted both the 11th and 13th, after my head went when I played the wrong ball for my 2nd shot on 11th, and walked off with a 10 on that hole :(

I have hit 19 putts a few times in the past, but never remember getting to a magical 18. I always felt more comfortable hitting a 10/20 yard chip, rather than a long putt. Felt it was more predictable than a putt, because you didn't have to really worry about any early break, so I was only interested in the break on the 2nd half of its journey to the hole.

But, as much as my chipping was spot on. Pitching has always been indifferent. Once my wrists start getting too much involved, danger.