Putting with a rescue club

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
It saved me a couple of times at the weekend, hit a couple a bit too much past the hole but thats an improvement over leaving them woefully short.

Will persevere since its early days and needs some time to get used to it.

I use the same grip as per my putter which is left hand low (right handed player).

Glad its working out for some of you also:whoo:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what club and loft are you guys using? i tried it with my MD18degree last time and didnt have as much sucess as the 19*mizuno !

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I find this a useful trick when the greens and fairways are wet. As has been mentioned, the ball does come off the hybrid face quite fast, but this helps the ball get to the hole in these circumstances. So you don't have to take a longer swish at it, like you would with an iron, and there is no risk of it digging in either.

Shiny

Head Pro
Visit site
I use my 24 degree hybrid, it has quite a short shaft, any of my other hybrids are too long in the shaft to be comfortable with.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm currently using a 17*, seems just enough to bump it over a fluffy fringe and get straight back to the putting surface.

Also as someone else has said above its handy to putt with on greens with surface water. In a inter lub match in the winter or 10/11, I played a 5 capper who everytime we got to a green tht has surface water would putt with a 18* with great results, can't see us needing this with the current drowt though

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
sat around two greens today doing this and got great results. then worked on the rest of my wedges. i could sit around a green all day thinking of wee shots.