Putting fuel in to your tank

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One for those with electric cars - Do you plug in every night or do you let it run down to 1/4 as most seem to do with petrol / diesel cars?

Equally, did you start off charging each night but now ease off as you get more comfortable with range?

I'm not being funny, I'm wondering if going electric changes your habits.
I suspect most would charge each night after it used.
As we’ve seen the the great British public and the fuel panic, it makes you wonder if the majority had electric cars, who wouldn’t be panic charging against the Govt request......

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As we’ve seen the the great British public and the fuel panic, it makes you wonder if the majority had electric cars, who wouldn’t be panic charging against the Govt request......
It is something they will need to factor in, but wont of course. The modelling probably allows for a charge every 4 days or so but I'm not sure that is how people would think with electric charging, certainly for a while anyway.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Ours sits on charge in the drive when not in use. It is a hybrid and a tank of fuel lasts 3 months when it issues a warning to run the petrol engine and add fresh fuel.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll leave you to do your own maths

Reducing weight means reducing fuel cost. A recent study found that for every 100-kg reduction, the combined city/highway fuel consumption could decrease by about 0.4 L/100 km for cars

25 litres of fuel is about 20kg, more or less nothing in the context of a car that weighs something like 1,200kg, or more.

Do you also drive around with the air conditioning off and at 56mph on motorways?!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One for those with electric cars - Do you plug in every night or do you let it run down to 1/4 as most seem to do with petrol / diesel cars?

Equally, did you start off charging each night but now ease off as you get more comfortable with range?

I'm not being funny, I'm wondering if going electric changes your habits.

Depends if I'm working or not

I normally charge every 2 days at work even though I know can get 3-4 days worth of travel out of it

Like I finished work Friday.. done My weekend stuff like taken the eldest swimming, gym etc

Now I'm at 53% and have nights from tomorrow so won't be able to charge at the cheap times so I will top up to 100% tonight

If I'm working earlies Monday - Friday I'll charge every 2 days like I said

Don't like going down past 20%

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Depends if I'm working or not

I normally charge every 2 days at work even though I know can get 3-4 days worth of travel out of it

Like I finished work Friday.. done My weekend stuff like taken the eldest swimming, gym etc

Now I'm at 53% and have nights from tomorrow so won't be able to charge at the cheap times so I will top up to 100% tonight

If I'm working earlies Monday - Friday I'll charge every 2 days like I said

Don't like going down past 20%

You in a tesla Paul?