Putters?

JT.

Visit site
So in the market for a new putter. I have a reasonably consistent straight putting stroke.

Currently use a 33” Cleaveland classic Anser style blade putter. Looking to get a 34” putter, but not sure what’s about at the moment.

Anyone got any pointers about what I should be looking at?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are two ways to choose a putter.
1. Swing a few and see what takes your fancy
2. Go for a fitting

I went route 1 and found my life partner, my putting improved when I had it cut down a touch after a lesson.

Reactions: JT.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
So in the market for a new putter. I have a reasonably consistent straight putting stroke.

Currently use a 33” Cleaveland classic Anser style blade putter. Looking to get a 34” putter, but not sure what’s about at the moment.

Honestly, go and get properly fitted (y)

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Tad Moore Chicopee putter.png

My putter is 34" and actually rather new. It's the Tad Moore Chicopee putter from Tad Moore Golf. I'll tolerate nothing but the latest in science and technology.
Yes, I've tried the Scotty Camerons and the Bettinardis and the Evnrolls and such. For me, nothing works better than this.

As an aside, I never claimed to putt like Bobby Locke.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played with a Scotty for about 8 years, putted pretty well with it and loved it to bits... until I tried an Odyssey Stroke Lab. Wasn't actually looking to replace the Scotty at the time, was just having a play with the Stroke Lab to see how they were, and was blown away by them. I have a fairly straight putting stroke, went from a Newport 1.5 changed to an Odyssey V Line (https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Odyssey-Stroke-Lab-V-Line-S-Golf-Putter.html#SID=670 )

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I did a putter fitting for mine. Three years later I still love my putter and it has outlived every other club in the bag. Definitely worth doing to get the exact right weight, length, look and feel. Remember you probably hit 35-40% of your shots with the putter so it's actually worth investing and getting it right.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

I had the same putter as you. Not sure about the length. I was wanting something new, not because it was a bad putter, but just because I wanted something new. A premium product that I would cherish for a long time.

Really really fancied an Edel and went for a fitting. The pro was great and went through the Edel process. Ultimately she said the main benefit of the Edel is to help with aim. Her fitting showed that my aim was pretty good and she was honest enough to tell me an Edel wasn't going to be a game changer for me. As nice as they looked.

She game me a spec of my ideal putter, which was actually pretty close to my rusty old Cleveland, barring I think 1 degree of lie angle. In the end I spent a few quid on a Ping Anser, but still have my Cleveland in my other bag and because the specs are almost the same, I have no issue changing from round to round.

Also still have the specs if I ever fancy splashing on a Bettinardi or a Scotty etc.

JT.

Visit site
I had the same putter as you. Not sure about the length. I was wanting something new, not because it was a bad putter, but just because I wanted something new. A premium product that I would cherish for a long time.

Really really fancied an Edel and went for a fitting. The pro was great and went through the Edel process. Ultimately she said the main benefit of the Edel is to help with aim. Her fitting showed that my aim was pretty good and she was honest enough to tell me an Edel wasn't going to be a game changer for me. As nice as they looked.

She game me a spec of my ideal putter, which was actually pretty close to my rusty old Cleveland, barring I think 1 degree of lie angle. In the end I spent a few quid on a Ping Anser, but still have my Cleveland in my other bag and because the specs are almost the same, I have no issue changing from round to round.

Also still have the specs if I ever fancy splashing on a Bettinardi or a Scotty etc.
I can believe it and if I’m honest that feeds into why I might go and get fitted....ultimately I may be told ‘If it ain’t broke don’t fix it’....but if you can find that game changer that knocks off a couple of strokes per round ?