Side Saddle putters

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Huh? What is a "normal" putter grip? The flat section has to be on the front? On the side? Diagonal, like mine? Putters with square flat sides?
My understanding of the Rules of Equipment is if you use a grip which has a flat section that section must be on the 'front/top' of the shaft when viewed for in front of the club or down from the top
What do mean by diagonal?
If you mean pistol style grips by flat sides they are allowable but the truly flat section must be on the top of the grip.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My understanding of the Rules of Equipment is if you use a grip which has a flat section that section must be on the 'front/top' of the shaft when viewed for in front of the club or down from the top
What do mean by diagonal?
If you mean pistol style grips by flat sides they are allowable but the truly flat section must be on the top of the grip.
He posted it here at the bottom. It's not flat on the front it has two flat sides at 45° angles.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He posted it here at the bottom. It's not flat on the front it has two flat sides at 45° angles.
Thanks had not spotted that.
It may well conform
(ii) A putter grip may have a non-circular cross-section, provided the cross-section has no concavity, is symmetrical and remains generally similar throughout the length of the grip. (See Section 3b(ii) explanation on p34).

Mandofred

Visit site
Checked with the pro before playing today.....he hasn't gotten around to doing the "Frankenstein thing" to my old putter. If I were like the result I kind of think I'd have to order something from the US.