Putter refurbs recommendations

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Has anyone had a putter done recently?

I was planning on using golf club refurbs uk as I've used them in the past but it seems they have stopped doing work for the general public.

Obviously uk based would be a preference.

Thanks. :)

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, i had a putter done last November by ukusedgolfclubs and was very pleased with the results. Bought an old Tad Moore Maxfli from Ebay covered in paint and after i had got the worst off, they cleaned and brought back to life with a black cerokote finish - looks great

Just checked their website though and looks like they are temporarily not trading - say they are back soon! If interested DM me and i'll give you the email address of the business as might still be worth getting i touch?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys. May try chris finch.

He punts a fair few putters on ebay and they always look nice.

ADB - I have this putter in that black cerokote finish. I bought another one as I fancy getting it torched or something. Il see what finishes are available.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys. May try chris finch.

He punts a fair few putters on ebay and they always look nice.

ADB - I have this putter in that black cerokote finish. I bought another one as I fancy getting it torched or something. Il see what finishes are available.
Seen Chris Finches work in the flesh. Doesn’t get much better. Long lead times though, he’s a busy man.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Simple question. I have a Ping Anser Cadence (with the blue/white face) which is an insert putter. I assume it wouldn't make any difference as opposed to refurbing a milled putter.

Not sure what they can do with those types of putters. Sometimes they can fit a new insert. Seen it done on callaway putters.

Cue_147

Hacker
Visit site
Thought I'd message in this thread instead of making a new one.

I'm looking at getting two putters refurbished by Chris Finch but can't get in contact with him... I know he's a busy man but I'm moving to Canada in 6 months and would obviously like to get them done before then.

Does anyone know the best way?... I've emailed and FB messaged.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
He normally does catch up in batches, you could try instagram, replies often take a week so its good to get all the info into one message so your not going back and forward...

peld

Visit site
bumping this rather than start a new thread.

I bought a Scotty - a Studio Stainless Newport 2 for a decent price. Its in usable condition (and ill start using it when I get it), but would love to explore getting it refurbed (thinking blacked out, black shaft etc)

Main question though - how much does a refurb cost??

Pic of the putter I just bought:

DSC_2634_95051505-2914-4f72-9fa6-c4ccdaac50e7_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Pics of a refurbed putter (Chris Finch)
312457700_566008118860026_4694049835429070255_n.jpg