Putter Grip Recommendations?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I've mentioned in other posts, I recently spent 30 quid on a Superstroke putter grip and now I've ended up sticking the putter on Ebay so I'm unlikely to make that back. Now I have a different putter than I'm likely to want to regrip.

Can anyone recommend a putter grip that's similar in size and feel to the Superstroke Pistol 2.0 - but costs a lot less? I'm looking at Adore Grips and Gamola online, but of course it's hard to tell without being able to pick them up. And shops near me don't stock very many - mainly just the Superstroke ones.

Cheers.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I've mentioned in other posts, I recently spent 30 quid on a Superstroke putter grip and now I've ended up sticking the putter on Ebay so I'm unlikely to make that back. Now I have a different putter than I'm likely to want to regrip.

Can anyone recommend a putter grip that's similar in size and feel to the Superstroke Pistol 2.0 - but costs a lot less? I'm looking at Adore Grips and Gamola online, but of course it's hard to tell without being able to pick them up. And shops near me don't stock very many - mainly just the Superstroke ones.

Cheers.

Go to a pro and get him to swap the grips? Might be able to get it off and swap them

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If you want cheap there are plenty of, probably, knock-off SuperStroke grips on ebay for as little as a tenner.
Won't last as long and won't feel quite as good but they'll do the job.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you want cheap there are plenty of, probably, knock-off SuperStroke grips on ebay for as little as a tenner.
Won't last as long and won't feel quite as good but they'll do the job.
I didn't say I wanted a fake one! There must be other good brands besides Superstroke that are priced more competitively??

Therod2

Banned
Visit site
Buy cheap, buy twice. My superstroke has lasted 3 years. Winn do a fat cheaper grip, I have used, lasted 6 months

D

Deleted member 15344

Evnroll do grips for about £15

Temu website have lots of offer on superstoke

But if you want a Superstroke type grip then g-rip or Winn

But they are cheaper because they don’t last as long

Smoj

Visit site
I've finally settled down with my grip since last summer and have no plans to change it, I use a Superstroke pistol 1.0. with the 50g CB weight in the shaft. It works perfectly, I swap it over to a 75g in the summer when my puts need to slow down a bit.

before the Superstroke I used a Ping PP58 which is a great grip but wanted something bigger/heavier

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I didn't say I wanted a fake one! There must be other good brands besides Superstroke that are priced more competitively??

Easy tiger, I’m sure @Imurg would like his head back non-chewed!!

Winn do a nice version but the saving would only be £5-8, hardly seems worthwhile if you already know what you like?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't realise this was possible actually - I thought you had to cut them off.

Some pros can save them. Compressor or can use something to get the tape off

Think your much more likely to get away with a putter grip as they are thicker

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Some pros can save them. Compressor or can use something to get the tape off

Think your much more likely to get away with a putter grip as they are thicker
Ours can get them off and adjust them. The Ping I just bought had a wonky grip that he’s straightened out.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I would not recommend simply blindly buying one off the shelf based on looks and "feel" alone.

You really should go to a professional putter grip fitter.
Once there, you will be able to try several different grips on your putter to find the one that suits you best.
You play more shots with the putter than any other club and putting is by far the most important thing in golf, as every sane person knows.
It might cost a lot more to do this, but you are sure to reap the benefits.

(A friend told me this)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't realise this was possible actually - I thought you had to cut them off.
I have removed them for friends.
Pros will find it easier because they use 'pressured' grip solvent. The question comes is how much does a pro currently charge if you are not paying for a new grip at the same time.

RichA

Visit site
I've successfully removed many grips without causing damage, but never managed a Superstroke or similar style without having to cut. I'm struggling with one at the moment. The dense foam and very tight fit make it seemingly impossible to get a tool inside to make space for solvent and break the bond of the tape.
I don't think compressed air will work as, unlike a standard grip, there is no stretch.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Winn or Lamkin grips are decent and better priced than SuperStroke. Both brands are well stocked at AdoreGolf in various shapes and sizes.

G-Rip are also decent and lower priced than SuperStroke.