Changing putter grips to Superstroke

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Gambled it and it hasn’t paid off.

Played my first winter league game at the weekend and the longer putts were going 20ft past.

Has a horrible wood like sound effect when I hit the ball too.

Not sure if I should revert back or stick with …

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Gambled it and it hasn’t paid off.

Played my first winter league game at the weekend and the longer putts were going 20ft past.

Has a horrible wood like sound effect when I hit the ball too.

Not sure if I should revert back or stick with …

Stick with for now! Feel will come mate!

CountLippe

Visit site
I have found its never a bad idea to change putter/grip/style for a few rounds with the intention of going back to your original putter/grip/style after this short break. This reset has helped me over the years.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
As someone who has used & grown to love the feel of the Superstroke 3.0 grip, try to stick with it. Practice loads & the feel will come.

One thing I've noticed, I was using a Scotty Cameron GoLo before swapping to a Taylormade Spider EX both fitted with 3.0 Superstroke grips.
I usually place the ball adjacent to the instep of my left foot with the Scotty, but that didn't work with the Spider as I was constantly pushing putts, so after hours of practice & trying different ways if gripping the club & different ball positions, I settled on a mid stance ball position & a conventional grip.
My putting is now pretty decent.
I definitely think the Superstroke grips help to take out unwanted wrist movement in the putting stroke, it's just a question of practice from there.