Putter Grip Recommendations?

RichA

Visit site
For what it’s worth, Lamkin Deep Etched Cord grip is my grip of choice for putters. Love the cord feel rather than the sticky, plastic-y feel of SuperStrokes
Yep. Got one on my 2-ball. It's nice. I was hoping to swap the Superstroke on my Ping ZB3 for it.
Probably going to have to splash out the £20 for another when I trash the Superstroke.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would suggest chatting with a pro and checking out what sort of grip you want (pistol, superstroke 2.0 or larger or any of the other variants out there). It may be that your hand size suits or doesn't certain styles so get a few in your hand and see what you like. Once you have a style in mind stick with it whenever you buy putters (we know you won't stop) and at least give yourself one constant

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would suggest chatting with a pro and checking out what sort of grip you want (pistol, superstroke 2.0 or larger or any of the other variants out there). It may be that your hand size suits or doesn't certain styles so get a few in your hand and see what you like. Once you have a style in mind stick with it whenever you buy putters (we know you won't stop) and at least give yourself one constant
I popped in yesterday and there were no grips in stock! It's a pretty small pro shop. Might have to visit Complete Golfer and see what they have.

And this is definitely the last putter I'm getting. 😁🤥

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've used the Winn AVS Midsize for years and fitted them to all my putters. They don't do them anymore but Winn do have new designs and would be worth a look.
I'll have to find what is the new equivalent for myself when I look to replace my grips.
Winn Putter Range
I am another user of this grip, I bought 3 of them last time ready to do regrips but they are nothing like the Superstroke 2 the OP is looking for.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A question
what is you like about the Superstroke - grip thickness or one thickness all the way down.

When I was going through a phase of trying different thickness grips I already knew I was not going as far as a superstroke but one grip I bought and did not use it because it was too thick for me was a Champ C1 it is a foam grip but it has a flat top and tapers.
DSCN4769.JPGDSCN4770.JPG

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A question
what is you like about the Superstroke - grip thickness or one thickness all the way down.

When I was going through a phase of trying different thickness grips I already knew I was not going as far as a superstroke but one grip I bought and did not use it because it was too thick for me was a Champ C1 it is a foam grip but it has a flat top and tapers.
I don't have any particular affinity for Superstroke, they're just the one everyone sells. I mentioned the 2.0 as that I believe is roughly the thickness I would prefer - somewhere in the middle thickness-wise. And I like the grips that are flat on top as I believe it helps me keep the face square.

I like the look of the Winn grips and a few people have mentioned them, so I may give that a go.

Therod2

Banned
Visit site
I was going to give one of these ago as my superstroke maybe on the way out after a couple of years - golf pride reverse taper.

They are new to market so may not be suitable for the OP based on cost

Attachments

• IMG_2382.jpeg
    IMG_2382.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 4

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was going to give one of these ago as my superstroke maybe on the way out after a couple of years - golf pride reverse taper.

These were discussed on another thread, and we were unclear on what the benefit was of it being wider for your lower hand.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I tried the round version at the weekend in an impromptu putting session on the carpet in the bar as the course was closed. It does definitely sit nicely in the hand and feels very balanced on the mallet style putter I tried. I had a feel of the pistol version as well in the pro shop and again it is a nice feeling putter grip. I could be tempted but our pro is charging way more than I can get if for and I can't really be asked to fit myself

DonRixon

Banned
Visit site

Eugh this type of monstrosity should be banned.

That grip would be no good for people with hands like Jeremy Beadle.

DonRixon

Banned
Visit site
I tried the round version at the weekend in an impromptu putting session on the carpet in the bar as the course was closed. It does definitely sit nicely in the hand and feels very balanced on the mallet style putter I tried. I had a feel of the pistol version as well in the pro shop and again it is a nice feeling putter grip. I could be tempted but our pro is charging way more than I can get if for and I can't really be asked to fit myself
Approach your Pro and ask if he can price match?