putter lengths

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never thought about a grip change SJ
Thanks folks I realise a putter is personal, but I was after experiences of folks who had changed to see if it might be worth a try, I putt well, just looking at slight changes to maximise opportunities.
Thanks

mikeb4

Head Pro
Visit site
ok, so I am thinking about getting another putter, currently have a 34 inch 2 ball, I really like it, but I do like to have a change up for when its on the naughty step, was thinking of getting a 33inch odyssey 7s, i tried the 34 and it felt great, i do grip down the handle on my own putter and I did on this one, however at 5'8" I am not the tallest guy out there, so did some reading and see that some folks recommend a 33" for people of my height, static fit I guess.
Has anyone made the change? did it make a difference?
cheers
I am 5ft 8 and I would highly recommend a 33 inch putter with a superstroke 2.0 mid slim grip

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
The problem with finding the right length & grip is the cost of changing things. You shorten your putter & find you don't like it & you have to re lengthen it & buy a new grip. You try a new grip & find the old one was better (or suspect a third one will be the answer!). I have a fitter who can remove grips intact but you still have the cost of replacing it. You can try grips on other putters but there's no guarantee that it will perform on yours. I wonder how many people have a putter that really suits them. It's taken me 60 years - & I wonder how it would be with a thicker grip, an inch shorter?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I went for the 34" on my first new putter odessey 2 ball standard grip I'm 5ft9 and it was fine seemed to be the correct lenth for my swing I noticed more of an arc in my follow through, my updated putter came with a super stroke 3.0 slim 35" but actually works better with me gripping down a little I would try a different grip see how you feel with that

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Bought an almost belly 18 months back 39" stand up straighter and feels a lot more natural. shorter isn't always the best idea

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
i tried a 33 inch putter that my friends son uses last night, it felt very comfortable, I think to really know would be to get out with one during a round, gonna give it a go, nothing ventured and all that!