Pushing my pitches

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
I have started to notice that I push or fade a lot of 75% wedge shots with either my 52 or 58 degree wedge.

I generally aim my feet slightly left of target as I was told that the body cannot get out the way in time when hitting 3/4 shots.

The club and body is aimed at the target and I swing along my target line.

Thoughts?

T

thecraw

I have started to notice that I push or fade a lot of 75% wedge shots with either my 52 or 58 degree wedge.

I generally aim my feet slightly left of target as I was told that the body cannot get out the way in time when hitting 3/4 shots.

Thoughts?

Your wedges may be too flat for you, If its only the 52 & 58 I would look at getting these adjusted a couple of degrees more upright too see what happens. Any pro should be able to do it very cheaply.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You swing along your target line!!!!

This is probably your problem, you should never swing along the target line with a club other than a putter, swing around your target line as steering the club will create these pushes and fades.

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
You swing along your target line!!!!

This is probably your problem, you should never swing along the target line with a club other than a putter, swing around your target line as steering the club will create these pushes and fades.

I think I might be going to far outside on the backswing.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try not to take the club back too much in the inside or outside. My guess is that you might be spinning out of the shot, I sometimes do this and it results in pushes particularly with the short irons. With me it happens because I am too keen to hit the ball but if I have more patience and wait a fraction longer for my hands to drop into the correct position then the problem goes away.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Thoughts?

I do that same and it's very effective when I'm swinging well. The theory is to aim feet, hips and shoulders left of target to hit a fade but only feet and hips aiming left to hit a draw whilst the shoulders stay square to the target line (taking the club path more to the inside on the backswing)

I'd suggest it may be you are squaring your hips when they should be open for both shots.