Pulling no punches.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Moaning that Homer comments on every thread is a bizarre thing to say on a forum where the whole idea of the thing is to make comments.

I’m not sure if that’s aimed at me but what I will say…..Homer can post as often as he likes, I have absolutely no problem with that and as you say that’s what the forums for.

I certainly don’t have Homerphobia but I think the amount of postings by Homer could be detrimental to others wanting to join in. There are times when I’ve said “I’ll not bother, Homers got it covered”

I'll run for cover now. ;)

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Re: Pulling no punches. *DELETED*

Smiffy, I'm sorry just because you'd hear worse at a golf club it doesn't make it acceptable.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Smiffy, I'm sorry just because you'd hear worse at a golf club it doesn't make it acceptable.

I'm not picking an argument here Mike, I'm one of the easiest going blokes you could meet....apart from when I three putt.
But do you seriously think it was bad enough to warrant deletion???

B

birdieman

You might have heard it at a golf club but it wouldn't have been in earshot of any ladies and it would have been between a few. WWW means it's everywhere and ultimately reflects on GM as an organisation as it's their website.

The forum is not 'men only', there have been a few ladies contributing from time to time but if they login and read that kind of post, I don't think they'll be hanging around which is a shame.

It wasn't that bad I agree but it is a golf monthly forum not a lads mag forum.

Nuff said.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was going to put a ;) smiley at the end of my comment but was sure it would be read as a joke just like I had intended. Peple are too quick to confront a poater who has an opinion different to their own.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
People are too quick to confront a poster who has an opinion different to their own.

Errr...you posted to the effect that you thought members of the Golf Magic forum had registered and basically fecked up "your" forum and you didn't expect confrontation from people who post on both sites?
And your lack of "smiley" was sadly missed if you meant it as a joke. Sorry mate.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Missed the comments before deletion so no idea whats happening now :D. I like the Golf Magic guys I've met and don't subscribe to this whole infiltration thing. They have a perfectly decent (and actually quite amusing site) themselves so why mess someone elses.

Re the golf bore thing I guess there is an element of truth but many on here will know when you've had a good/bad round and need to share it editorial licence tends to get forgotten. I'll try and bear it in mind but make no promises. :eek:

As for the number of posts. No apologies for that. Its a place I enjoy and I fell (maybe misguidedly) that at least I add something to each thread and try and move it along. Ironically I probably only manage maybe 5-10 posts at work (if that) usually during lunch or a break if I'm interviewing or on a ward. Other than that its somewhere I enjoy coming for the funny banter, the advice and experiences of fellow golfers.

Been interesting reading the other posts though. Homer Simpson - GM's answer to marmite :D

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
People are too quick to confront a poster who has an opinion different to their own.

Errr...you posted to the effect that you thought members of the Golf Magic forum had registered and basically fecked up "your" forum and you didn't expect confrontation from people who post on both sites?
And your lack of "smiley" was sadly missed if you meant it as a joke. Sorry mate.

Away Smiffy, too serious, way too serious. It's my forum not madandras. :) :)

Faldo_Fan

Head Pro
Visit site
I quite enjoy reading Homers posts.....always makes me feel better about myself afterwards. :rolleyes:

*Please note - At the time of writing this post, the tongue was very firmly inserted into the cheek, and at no time was Homer harmed in the making of this post.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We are members of the Golf Magic Liberation Army and we are holding Homer captive until our demands are met. Unless you want to read shot by shot accounts of every one of Homers rounds snce 1986 and his anectdotes of celebrities he's played and met with you'll nominate a leader to enter into discussions with El Smiffy

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whats wrong with pink, you scared of showing off your femine side?

Canny beat a smart pink shirt.

Andy