Protocol for on course unexpected events.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been asked before , so the question is.

During a comp some poor sod takes unwell collapses or has a heart attack.
What do you think should happen ?.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Ask him if he has enough water and ammunition, then leave him.

Going with itch your recommendation, I'd suggest a putter as you'd probably miss with a driver.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think there is any protocol, although it would seem it little heartless to leave the poor devil. Being a nurse for most of my working life it would be only natural to make sure they got the first aid they needed until help arrives. So golf would have to be put on the back burner there's always another game.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Make sure he hands over any outstanding side bets before you leave him at the side of the fairway. I suppose if you are playing a pairs betterball you'd need to change the format, can I suggest a 6 point Calcutta?

D

Deleted member 15344

Just dont do what one person did at Ashbury when one of our PP collapsed with a heart attack - request he be moved so they could tee off. Even more so when the persons son was there.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Four of our elderly members were playing one day when one of them fell into a bunker & broke his leg. The other three grumbled "I suppose we'll just have to play on as a three ball" & let the greenkeeper take him back to the clubhouse in a wheelbarrow. True story, related to me by my father.

D

Deleted member 16999

I really can't belive this has been asked...no wonder the modern society is so uncaring and self centred.

I would say this thread is no more than humour, but sadly you could be right about society, a few years ago shopping in Asda an old man collapsed in the bread aisle, I was administering first aid (mouth to mouth) and 2 people actually stood over the both of us and reached for a loaf! Thankfully the old boy recovered but I was left shocked with the behaviour of the 2 wanting a loaf!!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We had this happen at our place. It was hard to play through as some unthoughtful sod parked his helicopter there. Not sure if it was an imoveable object though. On the positive he did take the heart attack guy with him When he decided to go. Did not repair the two great troughs he left in the fairway though.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have heard of an American playing golf with his wife caddying...she fell and broke her leg and helicoptered away...he carried his own bag from there...followed her to the hospital after he completed his round.

Another true story!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm guessing Billy is getting at the fact that (at least one of) the playing companions of the fella who falls ill will help him back to the clubhouse. If the fella is OK and - and only one is needed to go back with their mate - can the other two continue their round marking the others card even although they weren't doing that to start with - so can you change card marker part way through a round. ETC ETC. Basic stuff like that. Obviously if the guy is seriously ill I doubt his PPs would want to continue - but when he isn't?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing Billy is getting at the fact that (at least one of) the playing companions of the fella who falls ill will help him back to the clubhouse. If the fella is OK and - and only one is needed to go back with their mate - can the other two continue their round marking the others card even although they weren't doing that to start with - so can you change card marker part way through a round. ETC ETC. Basic stuff like that. Obviously if the guy is seriously ill I doubt his PPs would want to continue - but when he isn't?

I was looking for thoughts , i.e. should the comp be stopped or continued after assistance has been given to the poor sod , should the guys already out on the course be asked stop , should he be disqualified for not signing his card :D. or warned for holding up play :rofl:.
Just in case anything happens tomorrow :whistle:.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was looking for thoughts , i.e. should the comp be stopped or continued after assistance has been given to the poor sod , should the guys already out on the course be asked stop , should he be disqualified for not signing his card :D. or warned for holding up play :rofl:.

Is this question raised on the possibility that someone might be falling ill or in a state of apoplexy between the 3rd green and 4th tee tomorrow - having missed three 3footers in first 3 holes :)

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
Just in case anything happens tomorrow :whistle:.

Happened at our course last year during a comp, old fella had heart attack,(and did not survive) comp was cancelled,