Proper Hidden Gems

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Hidden Gem is a phrase that gets thrown around and a lot of times courses that get named whilst they maybe gems aren’t really “hidden” as such

So what course would you call a hidden gem

I would go for somewhere like Weston Super Mare - when people look at courses in the SW it rarely gets mention but it’s a cracking course , real test with some great par 3’s

D

Deleted member 21258

Cleeve Hill
Bamburgh Castle

Both with great views, great fun and some cracking holes.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
http://www.comriegolf.co.uk/

Lovely 9 holer, superb setting and lovely welcome. £22 well spent.

You know, I pass that regularly on my way to visit the Grandweans in Oban and always meant to give it a try. I have heard good reports so will make an effort next year.

Other cracking 9 holers are St Fillans and The Wee Course at Blairgowrie.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cleeve Hill
Bamburgh Castle

Both with great views, great fun and some cracking holes.
It is interesting to define what is a hidden gem. To everyone in the NE there is nothing hidden about Bamburgh but clearly if you are putting it in that category then it is not so well known outside the area. I agree it is good fun with stunning views. I could not be a member there, too many blind holes, but it is always worth a round if invited.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I liked the Forest Course at Woodbridge GC, Suffolk. Its a 9-holer, but a proper test with in a lovely heathland setting - less than £20 for 18 during the week from memory.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Annesley links at RCD. Lovely little golf course within the links of RCD, same views, same turf, and hugely overlooked for its big brother. And cheap er.

D

Deleted member 17920

Stanton on the wolds.

A superb village club, not particularly long but tight and tree lined so you can’t blast it round.
Some of the best greens you will ever play, one comp we played last year they got the greens to 13.8 on the stimp. Incredible