Problem with my Wilson D7’s irons, what would you do?

Chambers2289

Visit site
Hi there, I brought myself a brand new set of Wilson D7 irons custom fit back in early May last year, from a well known online golf retailer, at some point a few months later I had a problem with the 8 iron where one of the power holes had fallen through and they replaced it no questions asked, in the past couple of weeks, both the 8 iron (which is newer than the other clubs) and the 6 iron have one of the power holes where the insert has fallen through and now there’s just a hole, would I be out of order to email the company again regarding these new problems? From my point of view, with the various lockdowns we’ve had, the clubs can barely have had 6 months actual playing time out of the just over 12 months I’ve owned them, many thanks for any replies.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Its plain that these clubs have an inherent defect that falls outside any reasonable expectation of "fair wear and tear".

Not sure that golf clubs come with any sort of warranty (implied or otherwise) but I'd expect them to last at lot longer than 1 year before bits started falling off them.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
See my post in club reviews! I had the same exact problem - Wilson replaced the whole set for D9's!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clearly something wrong with them. I wouldn't be happily putting up with that after the third time it happened. Try and get a refund, or upgrade as Bdill93 suggests.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Clearly something wrong with them. I wouldn't be happily putting up with that after the third time it happened. Try and get a refund, or upgrade as Bdill93 suggests.

I got a free upgrade due to the same fault! 7 iron went, then my 7 again, then my 9!!!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Email Wilson directly and ask them for some advice.
Golf companies are usually very good when it comes to this sort of thing.
Just drop in you have asked for advice from GM forum as they don’t like adverse publicity.
But am sure they will sort it.

Buckbeak

Visit site
How long into having the irons did you get these problems? I’ve had my D7s for coming up to a year. No problems so far but a little worried after seeing this - especially after I’ve just sold my old spare set…

Chambers2289

Visit site
How long into having the irons did you get these problems? I’ve had my D7s for coming up to a year. No problems so far but a little worried after seeing this - especially after I’ve just sold my old spare set…
The first time it happened with the 8 iron could only have been about 3 months, the 8 iron and the 6 iron have been in the past week or so, but I’ve only had the clubs since the end of May last year so pretty much bang on 1 year.

RichA

Visit site
Warranty or guarantee is irrelevant. Anything you buy should be fit for the purpose for which it's sold. Even if a set of irons is several years old, they shouldn't have integral parts falling out with normal use.
Your contract is with the retailer, but there's no harm in contacting the manufacturer if they're slow to sort it out.
Loads of useful info on Which and MSE.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-ri...n5KiSl#product-quality-what-should-you-expect

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd contact Wilson direct - most companies have at least a 1 year warranty. Some have longer warranties like Callaway has a 2 year warranty.

Chambers2289

Visit site
So after over a week, this is the reply I’ve received, obviously not happy with this, so I’m thinking about contacting Wilson directly.

Attachments

• 6B80A8EF-487D-4D2E-B5FA-9470AFF3D95F.jpeg
    6B80A8EF-487D-4D2E-B5FA-9470AFF3D95F.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 37

Springveldt

Visit site
I wouldn’t even be thinking about contacting them, I would be onto them straight away. Just a year old and bits falling off them isn’t really on.

I’d also think long and hard about using that retailer in the future to be honest.