Princes 2024

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think there’s a practice bunker on their range
3 practise bunkers and a large chipping area and putting green in front of clubhouse.

The surrounding water level is at an all time high, so you'll find a few places on about 2 or 3 fairways have standing water and a fair number of bunkers are full with water (look out for staked bunkers, so out of play). Apart from that, the course is in fantastic condition. The pathways between tees are better than some clubs putting greens!

As for the forecast, ignore it. You're on the tip of the Island, what will will be will be. Enjoy.

Ps. Enjoy the Lodges. The food is very good and my tip is head into the snooker room with a cheeky bottle of red at closing time and they will let you stay and drink late if that is what your after.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
What a trip!

Had such a brilliant time, was a pleasure meeting everyone - great company all round.

Huge thank you to @Dando for organising and @Bratty and @Oddsocks for the work they put in too, sorting scorecards and prizes.

The weather yesterday was tough but much nicer today, the course was in great condition considering, I especially liked the new water bunker features 😂

And just for Bratty, here are some pics and videos 😉

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
And I forgot to mention, James (Bratty's friend) with his hole in one!
And the world's smallest bar bill, because everyone was feeling the effects of Sunday evening's drinking! Any hole in one at Princes is a top effort, because those greens in that wind are tough to hit, let alone stick!
My thanks, as always, to @Dando for arranging a cracking weekend away.
Thanks to @Oddsocks and @DeanoMK for some great company today even if my 23 points was truly laughable!
And the Spurs legend that is Teddy Sheringham was playing in a threeball right in front of us. And they lost 4 holes by the end on the group ahead. He was always a bit of a slow footballer, but he's a REALLY slow golfer! Nice, brief chat with him in the bar afterwards, but no, I didn't challenge him on his slow play, because I'm a weak fan boy! 🤣🤣🤣

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And the world's smallest bar bill, because everyone was feeling the effects of Sunday evening's drinking! Any hole in one at Princes is a top effort, because those greens in that wind are tough to hit, let alone stick!
My thanks, as always, to @Dando for arranging a cracking weekend away.
Thanks to @Oddsocks and @DeanoMK for some great company today even if my 23 points was truly laughable!
And the Spurs legend that is Teddy Sheringham was playing in a threeball right in front of us. And they lost 4 holes by the end on the group ahead. He was always a bit of a slow footballer, but he's a REALLY slow golfer! Nice, brief chat with him in the bar afterwards, but no, I didn't challenge him on his slow play, because I'm a weak fan boy! 🤣🤣🤣

He plays regularly down My club, was stuck behind him the other week it was painful

When we see his Bentley we try to get out quickly

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Aaah, it was his Bentley I parked my rust bucket next to 😂😂

They had me convinced down the club for months the Aston in the car park was his ... Knowing I was a big fan so always looking for teddy

It was one of my swindles 😂

Yeah it's teddy's the Bentley

And he lives next to west Essex golf club in his house called "camp nou" after his part in the 1999 treble

Fair play tbh lol 🤣

He turns up with James Collins often, both the very keen golfers

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
chaps,

from 1st April Princes go to summer rates so it will be £325 to share of £375 for a single.

as much as i enjoyed the trip i am not sure i want to pay that.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
chaps,

from 1st April Princes go to summer rates so it will be £325 to share of £375 for a single.

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm out at that price. And I'm not sure I enjoyed the weather enough to risk March next year. Shame.
Thanks for checking though, Dando. Great weekend away!

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
chaps,

Wowza! Thanks for organising this one. Was great to meet more of the forum, but that’s a bit steep to do it again!

Thanks to @SurreyGolfer , @OntheteeGavin and @Dando for the company on the course. Hopefully the next meet I get too won’t be quite as wet as it was on sunday!

OntheteeGavin

Visit site
My first time on a GM forum meet. Won't be my last.

Thanks to my playing partners @DeanoMK, @ianc1971, @SurreyGolfer & @hairball_89 and to the organisers @Dando, @Bratty @Oddsocks.

After looking at my bank statement and Tuesday being rough oddscks you was right, my 2 points front 9 was due to me being half cut! Back 9 made up for it though!

Cheers