Price of new irons

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I got a fantastic price on my new AP3's which resulted in me paying c£110 each . Still pricey I agree but £150 per club is only rrp. I know how this sounds to some but if you pay that much you're mad !!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst I don't disagree some of the prices quoted are quite fruity, no-one makes you or anyone buy the stuff.
I think that we as a society are now too used to always having and wanting the latest of this, that or anything and are too sucked into the marketing gumpf these companies spout. We feed the monster they have created, and happily so.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Whilst I don't disagree some of the prices quoted are quite fruity, no-one makes you or anyone buy the stuff.
I think that we as a society are now too used to always having and wanting the latest of this, that or anything and are too sucked into the marketing gumpf these companies spout. We feed the monster they have created, and happily so.

Exactly. It's a consumer decision and if you have the income then crack on. The prices are only going to go one way on new releases and so for me, the days of getting clubs soon after release are gone. I'll wait a while and wait for some deals, or even the next release and get the previous version

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly. It's a consumer decision and if you have the income then crack on. The prices are only going to go one way on new releases and so for me, the days of getting clubs soon after release are gone. I'll wait a while and wait for some deals, or even the next release and get the previous version

However means no custom fit which many bang on about

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site
MATE - get yourself fitted and you then know your specs

Then search for a used set

I went to Callaway - had a fab fitting - for my idea spec and bought a nearly new set four weeks later - they had been used for four rounds and cost me £500 compared to their £895 new price

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
this is what i did. paid £50 for a fitting with the tm P770 to get my spec and buy them next year. however, i bucked and Baught the new ap2.

i spent the £50 credit on a wedge

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
A 5 year old set of Mizuno irons (new and unused) will set you back around £450. Half the price of today's new ones.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
But i don't think you are getting something worth double the cost. The 5 year old set are going to be just as good.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No need to be rude. Yes i did.

who's being rude?? its a question as you appear to have missed my pots earlier where i stated i had no improvement on my MP4's over any of the new Mizuno MP18 (any head) for almost £300 more.

Why would you pay £450 for 5 year old clubs?

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
who's being rude?? its a question as you appear to have missed my pots earlier where i stated i had no improvement on my MP4's over any of the new Mizuno MP18 (any head) for almost £300 more.

Why would you pay £450 for 5 year old clubs?

Ah, the beauty of misinterpretation on a message board! i thought you were referring to your last post, not the one at the beginning of this thread. Apologies for the confusion :thup:

I would pay £450 for a brand new set of the clubs i currently have (MP59). I've had them for over 5 years and they are starting to get quite bashed up. But i love the clubs and would be happy with a replacement set at £450.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIZUNO-MP...009630?hash=item3d4a077c5e:g:RtAAAOSwAL9Ub5i5

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ah, the beauty of misinterpretation on a message board! i thought you were referring to your last post, not the one at the beginning of this thread. Apologies for the confusion :thup:

I would pay £450 for a brand new set of the clubs i currently have (MP59). I've had them for over 5 years and they are starting to get quite bashed up. But i love the clubs and would be happy with a replacement set at £450.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIZUNO-MP...009630?hash=item3d4a077c5e:g:RtAAAOSwAL9Ub5i5

Thats pretty expensive for 5-PW

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My Pro did my new AP2’s for £100 per Club after I was fitted by Titleist and then sending me the specs.

I was happy with that.