Price of new irons

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Prices just before the economic crash had started to rise to crazy levels. Drivers were being pitched up to £350, but as the crash bit they went down a huge chunk. And still the manufacturers were in profit. Market forces... if sales drop off, so will the prices.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm fortunate in that I was fitted for my Z565 irons, and best suited the stock Nippon shaft! So I can always find a replacement set if I wanted!
Also, look at the smaller club manufacturers such as Srixon, not as expenive as the bigger 'marketing' brands!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
well serves me right for gloating. my friend who was buying my ap2's for me at a substantial discount has just told me he's can't get them after all. looks like its back to my pings or drop 1k on the p770.

might wait to see if Taylormade are going to release a new line in the spring first

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well serves me right for gloating. my friend who was buying my ap2's for me at a substantial discount has just told me he's can't get them after all. looks like its back to my pings or drop 1k on the p770.

might wait to see if Taylormade are going to release a new line in the spring first
By spring they will have had 2 more sets out.....including an Xmas special as well for all those fan boys who must have the latest months edition;)

D

Deleted member 16999

My MP5 cost me £749 4-PW with 2 free Wedges last year.

To get the MP18 4-PW would cost me at least another £250.
Cleveland Golf Club, MP18 4-PW £799.00. Plus they offer minimum £200.00 trade in.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Bought my current set new about 10 yrs ago. £299 the lot 3i-PW and have no inklings to change them...at the moment...whilst they are working well...