Presidents Cup

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Maybe if they DQ'd the whole US team for the current matches the singles might be vaguely interesting. When the US were beating GB&I in the RC it changed to be US v Europe, so does this need changing again before it loses any remaining relevance. Would there be an argument to include some Europeans? I can't see how the International side will ever be strong enough to compete

Best idea I heard was make it a men and womens combined event, may mean you get a strong female internationals contingent to offset the current strength of Americans - saying that some of their top 6 players would be pretty competitive.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Best idea I heard was make it a men and womens combined event, may mean you get a strong female internationals contingent to offset the current strength of Americans - saying that some of their top 6 players would be pretty competitive.

I like the idea but I think it would water the vent down in the eyes of the press and sponsors. The Asian ladies would definitely add depth and quality to the side but I can't see it happening. They'll keep rehashing this every two years (or however often it's played) especially while the US are winning.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like the idea but I think it would water the vent down in the eyes of the press and sponsors. The Asian ladies would definitely add depth and quality to the side but I can't see it happening. They'll keep rehashing this every two years (or however often it's played) especially while the US are winning.

not sure there was any of this when there was only 1 point in it 2 years ago and Lahiri missed a tiddler which cost them there chance

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
not sure there was any of this when there was only 1 point in it 2 years ago and Lahiri missed a tiddler which cost them there chance

Granted but apart from the tie and the single international win, the gap is usually 4-5 points and three of the first four were almost as one sided as this one. Is there really the strength in depth for the internationals

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Granted but apart from the tie and the single international win, the gap is usually 4-5 points and three of the first four were almost as one sided as this one. Is there really the strength in depth for the internationals

not so sure its not having the strength in depth, more a case of not having an identity as a team and hence less drive and incentive. on paper theres not a lot to choose between the ROW side here and the Europe side that will play next year. think timing wise the american team came in almost to a man close to their very best form and that has continued from day 1

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Presidents cup is great...

Only because the best European players come play in Europe, close house British Masters has been my favourite event from the European tour this season.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oh God! Trump's turned up now babbling his usual brand of bland infantile drivel.

Guessing his speech was something like this "Nice to see golf, big golf, the greatest golf be played with a ball, and clubs, and people on a course. A nice course, but I've got better courses. The best courses, all over the world, in other countries even across water, big water, ocean water! And they get the highest ratings from viewers you could ever imagine, unprecedented ratings."

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Guessing his speech was something like this "Nice to see golf, big golf, the greatest golf be played with a ball, and clubs, and people on a course. A nice course, but I've got better courses. The best courses, all over the world, in other countries even across water, big water, ocean water! And they get the highest ratings from viewers you could ever imagine, unprecedented ratings."

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
One of our green keepers to further his career/ education went over to America. He ended up at Liberty so you can thank him for the condition of the course 😁.

hes a good lad and a very good golfer.

re trumps alleged speech. Made me smile especially imagining his had gestures.👍

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site

So you actually heard it then. :D:thup: