A bit of advice or your opinions appreciated PLS

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have read a lot of articles, forums and watched plenty of YouTube videos regarding these drivers.
I know you can pay a lot of money for fancy drivers with loads of tech but It seems there is a lot of love out there for these older ping g5, g10, g15 & g20 drivers. Must mean something that.
I guess in football terms I would still buy a pair of old adidas word cup boots over any of these fancy ones.

Although Calloway are good drivers I think if there’s something you just can’t on with this driver it would be better to change, I’ve had two Ping drivers in the past and they are very forgiving and good clubs.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Here's my tuppence worth...…. Presently I am using and liking a TM driver HOWEVER when it starts misbehaving (and it will) I have a Ping driver in the locker ready & waiting to restore my somewhat fragile confidence, it really doesn't matter too much to me what Ping driver it is they are IMO all good (G10 possibly the best ??). I have been this way since the days of the Eye series so I am unlikely to change now ;)

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
It doesn't matter what driver you have if your hitting them low and out of the heel, they will all balloon to the right.

You say you hit your other clubs long and straight? How long? Whats your carry on your 7 iron if you've been measured? If your relatively new to the game then hitting the ball low out of the heel is a common trait of an over the top swing fault.

Youd be much better placed spending a small fee on a lesson and finding out exactly whats going on with your swing. If you stand closed and swing over the top you can hit a straight iron. The irons going straight isn't a indication that the swing is fine.

200 yards is also a normal distance for a driver for some relatively new player swinging with his arms. Some drivers go less than that with an over the top arm swing.

Myblueheaven

Visit site
It doesn't matter what driver you have if your hitting them low and out of the heel, they will all balloon to the right.

You say you hit your other clubs long and straight? How long? Whats your carry on your 7 iron if you've been measured? If your relatively new to the game then hitting the ball low out of the heel is a common trait of an over the top swing fault.

Youd be much better placed spending a small fee on a lesson and finding out exactly whats going on with your swing. If you stand closed and swing over the top you can hit a straight iron. The irons going straight isn't a indication that the swing is fine.

200 yards is also a normal distance for a driver for some relatively new player swinging with his arms. Some drivers go less than that with an over the top arm swing.

Thanks for your input, I understand that a different club won't make me hit the ball perfectly, but if my other driver doesn't feel right and I just don't like it then I think psychologically I just won't get on with it.
I've not been measured but going off driving range markers I'm hitting the 7 iron 130 ish, but I feel like I am hitting it well and the other irons.
I plan on getting some lessons shortly, prob spring time. Thanks again

D

Deleted member 3432

Thanks for your input, I understand that a different club won't make me hit the ball perfectly, but if my other driver doesn't feel right and I just don't like it then I think psychologically I just won't get on with it.
I've not been measured but going off driving range markers I'm hitting the 7 iron 130 ish, but I feel like I am hitting it well and the other irons.
I plan on getting some lessons shortly, prob spring time. Thanks again

Who are you going to see for lessons?

I'm up in West Cumbria and have knowledge of the local pro's

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Used the ping g15 today, I hit it around 20/30 yards further than my callaway x series. Hitting around 230 yards today.
My irons I am still hitting well.
60° wedge , 6,7 & 8 irons all feel good to hit. Hitting 200 yards pretty straight off deck with 6 iron.
I know I need lessons and I will be doing soon but I have learnt so much by watching a few YouTube channels. Golfvlogs, Rick Shields, Mark Crossley, James Robinson etc.
I believe watching these guys has helped me pick up the very basics.
I was always scared of golf because I thought I wouldn't be able to hit the ball.
I have taken to it much better than I thought I would, I enjoy the driving range and seeing myself improve every session.
Cant wait for the better weather and lighter nights to get out with a few mates.
3 months into my new sport and I'm loving it.