Presidents Cup

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone watching?

Could well be a record score in coming, USA lead 11.5 to 2.5 before the 4balls tonight, if they win all 4 theyll have won before the singles even start!

Looked a scary good US team on paper and proving to be so in reality, 11 of the 12 played in the 30 man field at the Tour champs last week with only Lefty missing out and hes been brilliant this week so far

If they travel well gonna be one helluva challenge for the Europeans in France next year!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm watching but it's so one-sided I'm struggling to muster much enthusiasm. Internationals really need to sweep this session to retain any interest tomorrow but there's probably more chance of the yanks doing it and clinching the cup tonight!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm watching but it's so one-sided I'm struggling to muster much enthusiasm. Internationals really need to sweep this session to retain any interest tomorrow but there's probably more chance of the yanks doing it and clinching the cup tonight!

yep shame its so one sided, i watched last nights session and some of the play, especially from the US was just stunning

D

Deleted member 15344

Still has that forced exhibition feel about it and none of then intensitity that you get with the Ryder Cup - and it seems they are watching too many of the US Solhiem Cup Lady celebrations with those celebrations - Mickelson and Kisner the crowning glory of embarrassment

D

Deleted member 15344

I think that's largely down to the lack of a contest, think it'd be different if it was closer.
Think last time it was close and when they drew it still had that same feel - it’s hard to force the intensity and it’s the same every time I have watched - there just isn’t a rivalry there

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Anyone watching?

Could well be a record score in coming, USA lead 11.5 to 2.5 before the 4balls tonight, if they win all 4 theyll have won before the singles even start!

Looked a scary good US team on paper and proving to be so in reality, 11 of the 12 played in the 30 man field at the Tour champs last week with only Lefty missing out and hes been brilliant this week so far

If they travel well gonna be one helluva challenge for the Europeans in France next year!

A one sided exhibition match to be honest and to be honest, the international side look outclassed and disinterested. Not strong enough to challenge a US side that even today would in my opinion beat the Europeans in the RC let alone once the cream rises to the top for next year

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think last time it was close and when they drew it still had that same feel - it’s hard to force the intensity and it’s the same every time I have watched - there just isn’t a rivalry there

Mainly 'cos the USA always win. Ryder cup only came to life when Europe started winning.

D

Deleted member 18121

It's a shame common sense can't form part of the game. I think the rules section of the forum will be wetter than an otters pocket with this one.

D

Deleted member 15344

What happened ? Saw Donald mention something on Twitter

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
What happened ? Saw Donald mention something on Twitter

One of the internationals (might have been Day) hit a putt where the next one didn't matter. He didn't hole it and it was running past the hole, down hill towards the water so Jordan Speith stopped it, and gave it back to them.

Rules official intervenes to say the he stopped his opponent's ball in motion, so called a penalty. None of the four players wanted him penalised but rules is rules.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
International had a putt for a half, raced it past the hole and Spieth stopped it in motion to give them the ball back. Got DQd from hole so they lost it.

Maybe if they DQ'd the whole US team for the current matches the singles might be vaguely interesting. When the US were beating GB&I in the RC it changed to be US v Europe, so does this need changing again before it loses any remaining relevance. Would there be an argument to include some Europeans? I can't see how the International side will ever be strong enough to compete

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haven't watched any of it, and TBH I see it as just another of the US back slapping things such as the baseball "World Series" that only the home teams can enter.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If I was playing in a matchplay with a pal and he stood and watched my ball drop in the lake I would be bogged off at losing me Dunlop. Seems that common sense is not that common.