President's Cup

Visit site
Also surprised they have not come up with a 4 day format for the Ryder Cup to squeeze some extra revenue out of it.

Personally would be interested to see...

Thursday / Friday / Saturday
3 Foursomes
3 Fourball (all 24 players in a session)

Sunday
12 Singles

I enjoy the long days, but already there is a slight issue with having enough daylight at that time of year and players...,,.

You need a geography lesson fella. It’s summertime here in Australia. The world spins around an offset axis and all that jazz... plenty of light with around 15 hours of daylight at present.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
You need a geography lesson fella. It’s summertime here in Australia. The world spins around an offset axis and all that jazz... plenty of light with around 15 hours of daylight at present.
You need to read better fella.....??

He was commenting on the issues of the Ryder cup and why 3 days of a shorter format would be better prior to the day of singles....

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not starting til midnight. I am out. Gutted, as I would love to watch. Yes, I could record it, but I can't get my head around recorded sport. It holds no interest.

Visit site
You need to read better fella.....??

He was commenting on the issues of the Ryder cup and why 3 days of a shorter format would be better prior to the day of singles....
You Sir are correct. I do apologise and offer my apologies to Grant. I should have read it more closely. Agree that I think it will go from 3 to 4 at some stage to milk the cow completely dry.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Two days down, two days of great viewing.

Hopefully tonight and Saturday night into Sunday will be as good.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure how it appears on the sky coverage, but what's with all the 'tied' nonsense that the international coverage is showing??
Is this a new thing in the rules update?

AdamC28

Visit site
Really enjoying watching this over the last couple of days.
International team giving it a really good go when they were marked as huge underdogs by most.
Loving Royal Melbourne!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
great seeing them have to hit so many different shots, especially around the greens, like some of them have never hit a proper bump and run :)

good iron play properly rewarded too, would love to see a major played at RM!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
4 point gap now.

Some jokers suggesting TW only left Reed out so that Mickleson can keep sole ownership of the 0 from 5 record ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not sure how it appears on the sky coverage, but what's with all the 'tied' nonsense that the international coverage is showing??
Is this a new thing in the rules update?
New terminology
You don't "Halved in 4s" anymore it's "Tied in 4s"
Don't understand the need for the change but there you go.....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
great seeing them have to hit so many different shots, especially around the greens, like some of them have never hit a proper bump and run :)

good iron play properly rewarded too, would love to see a major played at RM!
To be honest, how often do they have to play that shot on the PGA tour. It is a skill they should have of course. Love the way the course is asking them to think rather than get a yardage, pick a club and take dead aim

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
And how good is Royal Melbourne by the way.

Course is absolutely brilliant. Clever design by old Alistair there. I’d love to play both tracks there and keep a score on the composite course. No doubt I would have to raise my bat....

I’d have to raise mine more than once round there

D

Deleted member 1147

It really does make you fancy a holiday on the Melbourne sandbelt.
Kingston Heath is meant to be pretty special too, I believe.