Practice - What Are People Working On

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
OK I know practice is an anathema to many but for those that do like to work on their game what are you working on and how is it going?

Off the back of my lesson I'm working hard on clearing the hips (Bad ones I slide them and don't turn) and getting a tad more side tilt. It has been working well although not always translated to the course yet but getting the hips clear has improved compression and added a few valuable yards. Just back from the range and can really see the progress but still too many hip slides, especially if I get too quick

So who else is working on stuff

D

Deleted member 23270

I'm working on centrifugal rotation to eliminate a translateral kinetic reverse hyperactive extension. When I get it right it works well otherwise I'm stuck with a low pull draw that fades and loses distance due to lack of penetration into the wind.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I’ve always turned my shoulders way too flat, so I’m working on “a pulling motion as though starting a lawnmower”. This drill has been explained by both Alex Elliott and Padraig Harrington.
In addition my set up has been poor with the handle too far back, not opposite my lead thigh. The shoulders have also been too level, with no tilt away at address. Ironically doing this has helped with turning the shoulders correctly.
Really pleased how it went at the weekend, haven’t played that well and consistent. Happy Bunny ??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Changing swing path - has always been In to (far) Out; need it to be Out to In; and at same time I need to deaden my very fast active hands to passive hands.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm working on centrifugal rotation to eliminate a translateral kinetic reverse hyperactive extension. When I get it right it works well otherwise I'm stuck with a low pull draw that fades and loses distance due to lack of penetration into the wind.
This contains at least eight words that I do not understand in the context of hitting a golf ball ?

Boomy

Visit site
Everything on plane going back now, and back swing more compact/tidy. Now to eradicate the “over the top” downswing and improve the strike.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Trying to persuade Mrsd that I can hit an iron when i get to 4 weeks after surgery!

Not buying it at the moment but I do plan to walk 9 holes tomorrow with my mates, but without hitting any shots

phillarrow

Visit site
Two things :

1) Having a two part downswing (for want of a better phrase) in order to stop my tendency to come over the top - lower the hands then fire the right side of my body through.

2) My pitching from under 100 yards - lots to do on this still!

Oh, and I practice my putting in some way or another almost every day.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'm working on improving my ability to play with different sets of clubs, in particular, the drivers and putters.
The clubs are inanimate objects and I am adjustable. So I just have to learn how to adapt and adjust myself in order to get me and the clubs to perform well together.
Found out today that I can hit a Ping Eye 2 driver off the fairway pretty well.