Practice Preference

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must say I find it really interesting how everyone looks at the driver/full swing side of this only. What about practicing short game and putting????
To be fair the question wasn't worded great around that. Who is going to say they'd rather have no short game facilities over what you were suggesting?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I must say I find it really interesting how everyone looks at the driver/full swing side of this only. What about practicing short game and putting????

I learned to chip and pitch indoors using GC2 with the face technology - it worked when I used it outdoors

g11pro

Visit site
To be fair I did word the question driving range or indoor with short game and putting facilities. I don't know may driving ranges that have short game and putting facilities, especially with these open to the public. I'm really interested in the practice habits of you guys.

The perfect scenario would be a grass range with access to good short game and putting facilities, but they are few and far between!!!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My club has a nice putting green, short game area, sand bunker practice and a range. Saying that I'd like an indoor simulator or a launch monitor for gapping etc.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be fair I did word the question driving range or indoor with short game and putting facilities. I don't know may driving ranges that have short game and putting facilities, especially with these open to the public. I'm really interested in the practice habits of you guys.

The perfect scenario would be a grass range with access to good short game and putting facilities, but they are few and far between!!!

How about an indoor short game area now we're talking

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I couldn't practice on an indoor range. I do not know why but everytime I am indoors hitting on a launch monitor I always pull every shot. Is that me or the software not being able to identify my clubface angle correctly, I don't know. I been on cheaper ones all the way up to the high end models like GC2, but hey are all the same.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Outdoor for me, my main range is the Forest of Arden sadly they don't let you hit off the grass but its pretty quiet through the week👍

Good short game area also 😀

Warwickshire is good as you have the 9 hole par3 course as an option 🏌

g11pro

Visit site
If the launch monitor is behind tracking the ball i.e Flightscope or Trackman the it could be your alignment to the direction the launch monitor is looking at. For side on i.e GC2 etc then I'm afraid to say it's your club face and path relationship.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd have to choose the option with a short game area... I could spend all day chipping/pitching but get bored bashing balls

Although to improve I need to spend more time bashing balls!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd try and use both. Prefer hitting my balls off grass on my clubs practice ground so I can get proper strike and see the flight of the ball. I can also work on my short game and in particular pitching distance control and bunkers. However if I've been working on a swing change from a lesson it's also good to use modern technology to affirm path etc. I have to be honest, I've fallen in love with all things short game again so would rather work on that than hit loads of balls and if I am hitting balls, quality over quantity is king for me